PDA

View Full Version : Teabear, what stamp cleaning

lbakerc42
11-06-2006, 10:25 PM
system (for lack of a better term)do you use to clean stamps. I saw your post under "how do often do you clean your stamps." I am new to stamping and at present use baby wipes but I did go to a trade show and the woman had stamp cleaning pad but I forgot to ask who made it.

If anybody has a stamp cleaner pad or system let me know if you like it. I am in the market for something and don't want to buy something without a good recommendation.

nicolette
11-06-2006, 10:32 PM
I know that both SU and CTMH have a stamp pad cleaner (you can spray on stamps or spray on the scrubby pad) and a stamp scrubby pad.(don't know if that is the correct term they use*S*) I have the SU one and really like it a lot. I am more inclined to clean my stamps after every use, because it is so easy to use. Both companies stamp pad scrubber works the same way.

nicole

Whoopsie Daisy!
11-06-2006, 10:40 PM
If anybody has a stamp cleaner pad or system let me know if you like it. I am in the market for something and don't want to buy something without a good recommendation.

I use the SU Stampin' Scrub with the Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner. I love them.

There are other cleaners and scrub pads out there... maybe someone has other recommendations?

:) Jane

shuggy
11-06-2006, 11:02 PM
linda, i have a stampin scrup from stampin up and love it. i have an extra, i could shack (rak) you. email me if you want it!

angie

teabear
11-06-2006, 11:33 PM
I picked mine up at Big Lots for $4 and it's made by Creative Living Network. It came with a big bottle of stamp cleaner. I think most of them are about the same, though. You can also buy them at Michaels, but I think they are about $9 there....coupon item :) It has to scrubby pads in it...the rougher one is the one you spray the cleaner on and use wet...the other side is softer and it's for drying. I just take the whole thing to the sink to rinse it out when it gets yucky....about once a week for me. I ink up alot of stamps.

lbakerc42
11-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks so much for your recommendations. I really appreciate your feedback.

Christie
11-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Good question Linda! I didn't think to add that in my question and was wondering also. I just started cleaning my stamps, with a bottle of water and papertowels, after all those replies. I need to go buy myself a stamp cleaner also so glad you asked the question.

mahodgman
11-07-2006, 09:59 AM
I really like my SU scrubber pad and cleaner, but you know what I use most? I use a really thin sponge in a recycled Lean Cusine pan and an old wash cloth to dry. The scrubber pads are great, but you have to clean them often. Since I don't have a dishwasher to throw it in regularly, I have to wash it by hand and wait for it to dry. The sponge is great, easy and really handy.

mcourtney
11-07-2006, 10:24 AM
I use the baby wipes for my dye inks. I put velcro on the top of the baby wipe box and put velcro on the bottom of my scrub pad. Then I just open the box, tap or wipe my stamp on the wipes, close the box and rub the stamp on the scrub to clean the "crevices" and put it away. I use the Stampin up spray cleaner for pigment inks and staz on cleaner for staz on. As I slowly switch over to just rubber and Tack N Peel, I just throw the rubber in a bowl and wash them in the sink.