PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Moment and No Kodak!

tesschap
04-12-2007, 11:26 PM
DH and I ran to the little store in the village where we live to get some milk tonight. The route is all back roads and everything was so pretty - snow covered - sparkling against the sunset. In an open field before we got to the store was a momma deer and four fawns. They were so pretty - it would have made a great Christmas card photo. The worst part is that I usually carry my camera in my purse but not tonight! Tonight it was home on the computer desk! Of course I'll put my camera back in my purse tomorrow but they won't be there!

Have you ever missed out on a Kodak moment?

smileycollector
04-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Oh Teresa, that's too bad you missed the photo op, but at least you got to see it and can remember how beautiful they were. I've missed a Kodak moment a time or two myself. One that comes to mind, is when I saw a field where a farmer had plowed a HUGE smiley face. I would have loved to have a picture of that! :)

tesschap
04-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh Pam - that would have been a great picture. I bet the smiley face was neat.

The funny thing is that I seem to spot all of the deer and DH is the hunter! We did see more on the way home but still no camera and they weren't as pretty!

Kreative Dryve
04-12-2007, 11:36 PM
We live in a small rural community, and I used to work on the local ambulance service. Since I was always on an accident scene, my friendly neighborhood newspaper man, asked me to snap photos of the accidents, and I told him to look up exactly what my job entails which is not standing around snapping photos while I should be saving peoples lives. He asked because I always carry a camera too!
I have had many missed photos of my kids during sports, and the various wildlife around here.
~MJ

toao
04-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Drat! I'm sorry you missed that. Yes, I have missed photo ops before too. One particular one is: There was an old red fire truck parked right by an old fence with bright yellow flowers in front of it. Would have been perfect! But I didn't have my camera with me. It was only a few miles from the house and I kept telling myself, get you camera and go back. A few days later, they had moved the truck and mowed the flowers down. I see that darn fire truck every time I go to Wal Mart on the back roads, and it just kills me that I didn't go get my camera right then.

Mary

iloveflipflops
04-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Darn. I love to see wildlife like that. One photo opp that comes to mind with me are these mailboxes, like 20 of them all lined up in a row. They are on my way to the stamp store and whenever I see those mailboxes, I always wish I had my camera with me. Not sure why, i just do :)