PDA

View Full Version : Map Stuff

suzi_f
04-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Ok, I'm a follower. When Sherri had a map, I had to have a map. I took all the cities off Shuggy's post and added them to dh's map program. Then, I went thru & put them all in a reasonable "order". Not being able to stop there, I told it to give me driving instructions. For those who posted who are in North America, it would take me 30 days, 6 hours and 32 minutes. This is driving 8am-5pm w/o any stops. It's 15804.6 miles. Driving time is 276 hours & 35 minutes and I'd spend $1802 in gas costs. Oh darn, I need to add time to play w/y'all when I get there. :laugh:

cindi
04-13-2007, 10:12 PM
what a hoot!!:eek:
let us know when you decide to start this little road trip!!! LOL
:)

shuggy
04-13-2007, 10:23 PM
wow. do you make a list you could email?

i wanna map.

bawhhhh...i'm a sheep....

iloveflipflops
04-13-2007, 10:28 PM
I hope you come south to Concord on your first stop, pick me up and take me with you. Would that not be so much fun!?!?!??!?!? When are we going?

suzi_f
04-13-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm packing the car as we speak.

I can not save it in a "normal" format. I'll try to print it & scan it tomorrow. Too much fun. Now, dh just needs to plan his audit trips around MY map!!! :P

tesschap
04-13-2007, 11:11 PM
What fun. I'll get my car packed and follow you when you pass through my area!

tojoco
04-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey we could do a cross country trip like Oprah and Gayle did. We would have a blast. We could hire a bus and pick everyone up as we drive along. We'd even hit Canada and pick up our friends there.

tesschap
04-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Sounds like a plan. I always wanted to travel the US and Canada and visit every NHL Hockey city. Now I'm thinking maybe I'll travel the US and Canada and visit every LSS!

shuggy
04-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Sounds like a plan. I always wanted to travel the US and Canada and visit every NHL Hockey city. Now I'm thinking maybe I'll travel the US and Canada and visit every LSS!

teresa, you like hockey?? i love it!!! i had season tickets for 9 years to the grizzlies (minor leauge). i've been to see detroit, anehiem, atlanta, san jose, phoenix, and chicago in their own barns. and seen a ton more at those games! my favorite is a toss up between the quarterfinals at the olympics in 2002 and the western conference finals when the ducks beat the wild. crazy!!!

tesschap
04-13-2007, 11:54 PM
I love hockey. For 20 years we had Detroit's AHL team here - the Adirondack Red Wings. We had season tix and the only games we missed were when our boys had travel hockey games. Watching my kids play was my all time favorite but I am a Red Wings fan. I also cheer for the Bruins, Sens, and Tampa Bay. I've seen NHL games in Boston, Ottawa, Montreal, Detroit, Hartford (when the Whalers were there) and AHL games throughout Canada and the Northeast US. Both boys played travel youth hockey and high school as well as ref. Evan refs a lot of girls college games and is waiting to hear if he has been approved for our State Hockey Officials organization so he can do college and high school boys games. Now I get my hockey fix by watching some of the games they ref!

We're rooting for the Wings to win the Stanley Cup this year. What about the play off game last night that went into 4 overtimes! Crazy!

shuggy
04-14-2007, 12:01 AM
We're rooting for the Wings to win the Stanley Cup this year. What about the play off game last night that went into 4 overtimes! Crazy!

i know!!! my boyfriend *sigh*:wub: marty turco lost!! it was tragic!!!

me and four of my friends used to go on road trips each year. we always went to chicago and usually ended up in michigan too, either detroit or grand rapids. we had a blast!!!

tesschap
04-14-2007, 12:05 AM
We used to take an annual trip that was organized by the Wings booster club. We'd travel to Hamilton Ontario for an AHL Wings game, then to Detroit for the big boys game, and back to Hamilton. It was usually a four day bus trip. We got to meet several of Detroits players and the kids were always so excited. They are trying to bring an AHL team back here for next season. Hopefully they will!