PDA

View Full Version : Question about unmounted stamps

nicolette
11-07-2006, 09:58 AM
I was just sent a link to a stamp site that sells unmounted rubber stamps. I really would like to get some, but I have no clue as to how you mount them. They aren't acrylic, they are just like the rubber on wood mounted ones. Can anyone help me? Are they worth it, (cause they are really inexpensive) or is it more of a hassle to mount them?

Thanks for your help,
Nicole

Sherry
11-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I, for one, love unmounted rubber stamps. They take up much less room than mounted ones and, for the most part, they are usually cheaper than buying them mounted.

Yes, you can mount your unmounted rubber to an acrylic block! In fact, that is the way I mount mine. I just use a piece of double sided tape, mount the stamp, and then remove it when I'm through.

You can also purchase a product specifically made for mounting your stamps on acrylic blocks. It is called EZ-Mount cling foam. It comes in an 8.5" x 11" sheet (1/8" thick) with adhesive on one side and vinyl cling material on the other.

Here is how you would mount it:
http://www.blockheadstamps.com/Images/Accessories/EZMountInst.jpg

Hope this answers your questions!
Sherry

iloveflipflops
11-07-2006, 11:23 AM
4 years ago. I had went to a rubber stamp show in GA with my mom. All these women were going ga-ga over these unmounted pieces of rubber. They were real cheap but i just didn't get what the hype was about. I picked up the rubber, threw it back because I had no idea what the heck to do with it like that. HA HA And i was too afraid to ask anyone too ... Now I love unmounted. The cost is much cheaper and the space it takes up is much less too.

Hope this helps you some.

nicolette
11-07-2006, 11:44 AM
So you mount and unmount them every time you use them or is it permanent?

nicole

nicolette
11-07-2006, 11:46 AM
*LOL* I just reread your respones and found my answer. Thanks a bunch, this could be a new addiction!! I can't believe how much cheaper they are unmounted! WoW!

nicole

LinzyD
11-07-2006, 12:38 PM
I too have wondered about this...
Does M's or HL carry EZ mount?
Linzy

dgbearsmom
11-07-2006, 01:09 PM
I don't think Michael's or Hobby Lobby carry the EZ Mount. If there is an LSS in Topeka you might try there. If you make it over to KC, they have it at Stampers Ink on Shawnee Mission Parkway and Quivira. They might have it at the Scrapbook Page too, but I bought it at Stampers Ink. Scrapbook Page is on Shawnee Mission Parkway just west of Pflumm. It's 4.50 for an 8.5 x 11 sheet. I'm sure you can also buy it online and lots of places. I just didn't want to wait for it.

Judy

MidwestStamper
11-07-2006, 01:15 PM
These are the kind of stamps that TAC (The Angel Company) sells. I know that several people on here are demonstrators for them.

I just was introduced to this kind of stamp this year, and I really like them too. I like that I can put more than one image on my acrylic block--I can arrange them the way I want to for stamping.

nicolette
11-07-2006, 01:17 PM
So does anyone know of an online place that sells the cling for a good price?

nicole

Erin K
11-07-2006, 01:59 PM
I like this site http://www.stampostore.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=10 consider getting the Kai scissors too, it's really hard to cut the mounting stuff and the rubber. The Kai scissors work great. I know you don't want to spend the money on scissors because you already have some but these are really that great you will be so glad you got them.

Erin K
11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
also I just looked in ebay and they seem to have good prices on there.

And if you have a TAC rep the TAC stamps come with it already which is convienent

nicolette
11-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Thanks, I will have to check them out.

Nicole

laos348
11-07-2006, 05:36 PM
For years I was afraid to try unmounted and now I'm a total convert. I love having all the extra room (and the price!). I get my ez mount from Fran over at www.franticstamper.com

Laura

stampcrazyjulie
11-07-2006, 10:34 PM
You know, I never bought an UM before we went to the Vegas Rubber Stamp Show! I was like do they really work? I had so many concerns about them, but I am now hooked! Who needs the pretty blocks anyways? I still have all of mine that I bought mounted, but I will now not hesitate to buy UM as well.

Thanks Sherry for the Demo above. I was wondering about that! I use the double sided tape myself because I wasn't too sure about the other way! :)