PDA

View Full Version : I'll tell you a little story about Tetris which may make you laugh....

Vintagegal
04-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Back when the Nintendo Gameboy (the old-school grey one, that weighed ten pounds) first came out, DH and I had just started dating (this was 16 years ago). It was one of his first gifts to me. Can you believe it? It cost $110. I know. Isn't that funny? It wasn't a romantic gift, by any means, but he really did want to get it for me because he knew how much I loved hand-held games when I was nine/ten years old. The Gameboy came with Tetris, and I played that Gameboy everyday until I hit level ten each time, and I could beat the computer. Then, at the end, the Russian dancers would dance around and the Space Shuttle would launch (do any of you remember this?)

Anyway, that's why I'm good at Tetris. It has come from years and years of practice! :biglaugh: Pretty pathetic when you think about it (really) but that explains it all. LOL! I'm just getting used to the arrow keys on the computer. It's different on the gameboy because you use both hands to press the A and B buttons and the arrow key to move the blocks around.

RDRD4
04-14-2007, 11:22 PM
What a cute little story !!!!

MidwestStamper
04-14-2007, 11:48 PM
So that's your secret! I played some last night and early this morning, and my chest hurt after I was done! Too much stress!

directmailscrapper
04-14-2007, 11:49 PM
My DH and I used to go to the arcade for date nite! We didn't have anything like GameBoy back then -- you had to go to the arcade to play PacMan or Asteroids and the like. We would spend about $10 in the arcade. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in a few weeks -- so that was a long time ago! (I think we did this on date night AFTER we got married).

hbpuppy
04-15-2007, 12:40 AM
That's a cute story Ethel. My sister use to play nintendo with her feet. She said that using her hands was't challenging enough for her. LOL. We still have our nintendo nes. My niece loves to watch me play duck hunt with the gun. I'm really good at it.

spredbirds
04-15-2007, 07:45 AM
I like these older more classic games then the highly computerized games of today.

-Chelsea