PDA

View Full Version : East Coast girls....and anyone else that dealt with that storm..

toao
04-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Check in please. Is everyone okay? I think those of you North of me got pounded. It didn't start raining here until about the time I went to sleep, but the wind started well before then. Hope you all had a good nights sleep.

Mary

stampinmom3
04-15-2007, 08:01 AM
It is still raining like crazy here in south central Pa now. I don't even want to look in my basement this morning to see if we have water.

iloveflipflops
04-15-2007, 08:04 AM
It hit here and hard but we are fine. I think I laid awake 1/2 the night :(. Now I wanna go back to bed.

emmcee
04-15-2007, 08:12 AM
We just had rain and it's still raining but we are OK. Need to check on my Mom in Hampton, VA sometime today.

mydogstinks2
04-15-2007, 08:33 AM
no rain here but we got snow! Lovely wonderful spring snow. almost 2 inches worth!:arghh:

ctinyjoy
04-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Well the storm is about 2 hours away from us and heading our way. It is extremely windy with gusts up to 60 mph. Good day for me to stay inside, but I have 3 boys who stayed over wanting to skateboard outside today :eek:

I will check in later...

tesschap
04-15-2007, 09:24 AM
We have heavy rain and it's supposed to start snowing by 5pm tonight. We're forecast for 30 inches of snow! Thanks for worry about all of us Northerners!

Spring please get here soon!

MidwestStamper
04-15-2007, 09:29 AM
My goodness! You must all be getting the storm that blew through the midwest on Tuesday/Wednesday with snow and wind! Then by Saturday, it was beautiful and in the 60's! Hope everyone is ok!

iupindiana
04-15-2007, 09:33 AM
It rained heavy during the night but at the moment it is so still, it is scary. My dh is travelling later today going east so hopefully the weather will cooperate. I don't think he has considered that he could just cancel. JoAnn

ccstampin12
04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
We're supposed to get rain and high winds. They're calling it the worst storm in 20 years....I'm kinda worried.
Hopefully, we'll keep our power, but if it gets bad, I'll shut down the computer.
I thank you for your concern.
Joanie:wideeyed:

laos348
04-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Our forecast here in CT is not as bad as Joanie's in MA but we're supposed to get pounded with rain today and part of tomorrow. It figures that this is the start of spring vacation.

Laura

cindi
04-15-2007, 10:50 AM
but we are forcatsed for a Noreaster to start later today, with high wind warnings.
Thay are still not sure if it will be rain, snow or a combination of both.
YUCK!
:)

kerry
04-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Here in Northern VA it's just plain rain...since about noon Saturday afternoon...First a light rain, then a little harder...now at 11 on Sunday just a light rain again.

Not too much to worry about.

Kerry

teabear
04-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Well, you all know I'm in CA, but we have been getting snow off & on this morning. What the heck happened to spring? Poor little Mabel, her belly touches the snow and she is not a happy girl!

emmcee
04-15-2007, 12:53 PM
I thought we were all in the clear here in NC but a warning just came across the TV and from now until 8 p.m. my county and several others (not Sherri's) are under a tornado watch. The sun is shining so pretty. So I guess DH & I will stay pretty close to the house today.

Patty
04-15-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm on the coast in Connecticut. It's very rainy, but not as bad as forcast (YET), The wind is steady--hopefully won't get any worse. As long as it does't snow I'm happy. Sounds like it's gonna rain till Tues so there are storm and flood warnings everywhere. I'm far enough inland not to have to worry about that. I so appreciate everyone checking with everyone--On the weather channel it looks like NJ/NY are gonna get pounded--and upper New England. Prayers to all!! Keep stamping till the lights go out

.:) Patty

iloveflipflops
04-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Our weather radio just went off too and it said we are under the same watch as you Michelle. Stay safe!!

Jarie
04-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Cloudy, cold and real windy here in Montgomery today. Yesterday afternoon we had plenty of rain and win along with tornado warnings. Some damage in surrounding counties. I did see one big old tree that had fallen and was blocking the road so I had to detour about a block when I was coming back from church this morning. Yesterday DH and I got in the bed and I went to sleep once the warnings had expired about 5 pm.

Janet