PDA

View Full Version : Help, my picture is stuck to the glass!!!

mjbonoan
04-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know how to remove a picture that's stuck to the glass? I need to scan the picture and now it's stuck. All suggestions and opinions are welcome!

Thanks!

teabear
04-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Oh no! That's awful. Someone once recommended undu to unstick photos. I hope it works. The only other thing I can think of is a little steam.

ctinyjoy
04-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Was it still wet when you began your scan? Maybe it just needs to dry...

MyRnAbS
04-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Okay I don't know if this will work because I don't know how stuck it is, but it's worked for me before. Lay the glass with pic on a flat surface, have mike hold it tightly while u pass a thin dental floss thru it. Go slow because it could easily tear ur picture, but then again at this point anything goes right? That's why I always mat my pictures if they are going to have a glass. HTH

mjbonoan
04-15-2007, 05:39 PM
no, it's actually a picture that belongs to DH's coworker, the pix has been on the glass for about 5 yrs. The top part did fine, but the lower part is stuck. Now... if I only knew that it wasn't a digitally printed pix I'd know that soaking it in water would do the trick. But if they used low quality materials to print digitally, then the picture is shot if I try to use water.

I've used water on pictures that I've printed on Ilford paper with my Canon printers and no problem they are "water safe" but this may not be the case for this pix!

ctinyjoy
04-15-2007, 06:05 PM
my bad MJ, I thought you were in the process of scanning a picture, not trying to remove one from glass. I asked my DS who is a photography student and he suggested steaming it off.

mjbonoan
04-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks, I'll try that as soon as I give it a few more in the pan of water!!!:shocked: