PDA

View Full Version : Ah sweet shackie

loobylou
04-20-2007, 04:06 AM
Today I got the hugest parcel of candy in the mail from the sweetest Shackie.
Can you guess who sent me PEEPS....
and Hershey's kisses
and an amazing card?

Debbie (1 of 2 shoes). Thanks so much for the awesome parcel. I know I mentioned in the chat room that we don't have peeps or hershey's kisses here, I only ever saw them on T.V. You are very naughty to send me so much- but my kids want me to tell you "you're the bomb!". we tasted it all right away! Peanut butter in chocolate- who'd have thought that would be so good!
Now I wonder what we have in Australia(besides vegemite) that you would think is awesome??? Might have to go rustle up a kangaroo or 2.... or do you have Caramello Koalas?
Thanks Debbie. You really are such a talented and generous Shackie
Sarah

LinzyD
04-20-2007, 07:47 AM
No hershey kisses or peeps?! Ahhhh! I like to eat my peeps stale. Everyone has their preference. Geez. If I'd know that I would have sent you some ASAP.
Linzy

kimmylynnd
04-20-2007, 09:17 AM
OMGosh, the best candies in the world are from Australia!! I love Fantails? I think that is how it is spelt! The chocolate covered caramel!! A friend came over from Australia years ago and brought a few bags...they sure didn't last long! lol

That was so nice of Debbie to send you some different treats!! Enjoy!!
:)
Kim

tesschap
04-20-2007, 09:20 AM
How Sweet! I freeze my peeps and eat them when they are cold. I never realized that you don't have peeps or hershey kisses in Oz. Anything else you don't have that is plentiful here? I'd be happy to send you a care package!

loobylou
04-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the tip off on Fantales Kimmy. I'll put them on the list. Now tell me do you have pollywaffles, or violet crumbles, or jaffas?
I don't know what;s just Aussie- same as you didn't know we don't have hersheys. I need a few tips
Sarah

Canadian, eh
04-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Pollywaffles, violet crumbles, jaffas -- are you speaking English LOL?

loobylou
04-20-2007, 01:03 PM
I'll take that as a no, Beth. Violet crumbles are choc coated honeycomb
Jaffas are round balls with a crispy shell they are red and have orange flavoured chocolate inside
Pollywaffles have marchmallow inside and chocolate outside which is somehow crispy(hard to describe)

teabear
04-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Debbie is a sweetie :) Sarah, the only candy you mentioned that I have ever seen here is Violet Crumble at some specialty shops for about $1.50 each.

1of2shoes
04-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Aw, Sarah, you are so welcome for the sweeties. Aren't those Peeps just sickeningly sweet? I get a cavity just thinking about them. lol I'm glad you like the kisses, too.

Oh, and PLEASE don't send me any of that Vegemite! :no2: Ewww, it's a bit stinky. lol What IS that stuff anyways? Is it the same thing as Marmite? I think that's what our friends in England wanted us to try. It was stinky, too.

kimmylynnd
04-20-2007, 07:35 PM
lol....we don't have any of those candies here in Canada, they all sound good though! Do you have Smarties in Australia?

tesschap
04-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Who likes smarties? I will be making a smartie candy wreath next week and may have some left over!

loobylou
04-20-2007, 09:02 PM
lol....we don't have any of those candies here in Canada, they all sound good though! Do you have Smarties in Australia?

Yes we have smarties Kim. They are a favourite with most kids (and my dh). I buy them in multi packs.
This is fun finding out what sort of candy lives where!

And Debbie, about the vegemite- I love vegemite. have it on toast everyday. But someone told me it is banned in USA cos of the VitB and Folate in it. Is that true?
Sarah

GSMom385
04-20-2007, 10:10 PM
No Hersheys, OMG I would just die without my hersheys. I would have never thought. Sarah you have me curious what is your chocolate of choice to stamp or crop with?? We always have hershey kisses and M&M's when we stamp/crop in my neck of the woods. In fact I just stocked up for next weekend we have a big crop event here to benefit a charity.

loobylou
04-21-2007, 01:12 AM
My chocolate of choice Cindy, Is Chardonnay and cheese and biscuits..lol
we use them to anchor down our papers while we stamp out under the patio by the pool. It's a hard life!
Sarah

Tantalize
04-21-2007, 01:34 AM
OMG YOU DONT HAVE HERSHEYS!!!! lol Im glad that Debbie sent you some. <3 As soon as I saw Peeps, I knew it was her.

GSMom385
04-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Some how I think they would look at us weird if we can dragging our bottle of chardonnay into the Catholic church, since that is where we crop most of the time. ;-) LOL. So we have to make do with chocolate, not to say I couldn't go for a little of your type of chocolate if the setting were better. We would love a pool, the only problem would be it would have to be an ice rink part of the year. :-) I am jealous!!!