PDA

View Full Version : Crayon resist

Christie
11-08-2006, 09:38 AM
OK, I get that you are using crayon but what exactly are you doing? I've never heard of this before and I saw Alli's card, that is beautiful, where she used it. I want to try but don't know how it works. :confused:

Can someone please tell me?!

Thanks.

inkinupstamps
11-08-2006, 09:44 AM
See if this link works for you. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/crayonresist.php

If you can't get it to work, go to splitcoast stampers site and SEARCH crayon resist in the resources part and it will give you the tutorial as well as some lovely examples.

It is the same thing we did in elementary school, but I no longer have any crayons! boo hoo....:(

Alli
11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Christie, what I did on that card, was stamp the tree and then go over the tops of the branches with a white crayon, you can't really see what you are doing, so you need to concentrate . Then I swirled the violet ink over the tree and crayon with a sponge and the crayon resists being colored. You can also go over the crayon with a brayer if you want to, but I wanted a softer effect. You can use sponge, brayer, sponge daubers. I actually used a car cleaning sponge that I cut into little squares.
If you need any more info just let me know and I will try and help, but thank you for the kind words! :)

Christie
11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the link it worked. I can't wait to try this, I have to and buy some glossy paper first.

Alli, Thanks for the directions!