PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Glass Technique

mjbonoan
04-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Ok, so I still can't figure this out!!!
Can someone please explain the cracked glass technique to so it's easy.??

tojoco
04-22-2007, 12:57 AM
MJ, maybe this tutorial will help you.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/crackedglass.php

tojoco
04-22-2007, 01:07 AM
And here's one that I made a while ago. It's a fun technique because you just keep adding more UTEE, put it in the freezer for about 2 minutes and then gently bend the card.

mahodgman
04-22-2007, 01:31 AM
The trick is to do many layers of embossing powder. I've got some ultra thick (UTE) that works great, but I've also done it with regular embossing powder. Squish your VersaMark pad all over your image, sprinkle with embossing powder, shake off the excess, heat and do that about 4 or 5 times. Then just put the image in the freezer and then bend it to make it crack. Good luck! This is one of my favorite techniques!

MyRnAbS
04-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Subscribing because I too have been wondering about this technique. TFS now I have to buy that UTEE as well as prismas, and the list keeps growing and growing........growing.......growing!!!

mjbonoan
04-22-2007, 02:04 AM
And here's one that I made a while ago. It's a fun technique because you just keep adding more UTEE, put it in the freezer for about 2 minutes and then gently bend the card.

Funny that you would include this particular card... it's one of the ones I saw that caught my eye along with other beautiful floral card on the gallery.

mjbonoan
04-22-2007, 02:10 AM
Thanks so much... I really thought it was alot harder!!! I'll have to try it as soon as I finish my commissioners' court minutes and 2 swaps!!