PDA

View Full Version : Sherri, I'm gonna make you doodle RIGHT NOW

Erin K
04-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Ok, get a pen, it can't be just any pen... I think you can use the pen end of your SU marker in a pinch. but i love the zig pens, I use a .01 tip, or a .05 depending. (HL has them)

Ok, got your pen? just use a normal pen if you can't find the fancy ones.

Then stamp an image. For this I recomend an animal. We are gonna doodle grass.

got it stamped? Don't color it yet! If you mess up the doodling you will be heartbroken! (believe me I know)

Ok, start with the grass line. this does NOT go right at his feet, that looks funky. it goes about a quarter way up the leg, try to make it go straight even when you have to break the line for the legs, maybe use a ruler or a scrap of any stright paper. Here's how I want you to do it:

1. Start at one end. draw a line, doesn't have to be perfect, then stop, do only like a quarter of an inch to a half of an inch.

2. then three or more dashes going up, don't have to be perfect, can come from the same point or just be all sitting there, whatever makes you happy.

3. now after a slight space start your line again. Do this over and over across the "grass line" of your image.

Now everything above that is sky and below it is grass. You can add some partial grass lines below the grass line for added depth. Color it green, you can color the whole thing or just right along the lines.

This is the very first thing I doodled. I only know this, the clouds and the edges thing.

I'm serious, do it right now and show us! You will love it, it's so easy.

there are more complicated doodle grasses, but I'm stuck on this easy one.

tojoco
04-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Erin, can you please post a picture of this. I need to see it to do it. I'm a big copycat!

Erin K
04-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Yup, I'll go do it and take pics and then insert them right now. hows that?

Or can I do all that on my blog and put a link? Anyhow I just KNEW I should have done pics...

Spartymom
04-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Erin, can you show us, please oh please?

Erin K
04-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Ok, I did pics and put it all on the blog. (It's just easier to do that than put it on a million links here.)

Enjoy, it's just a quickie!

tojoco
04-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I can do it; I can do it! I'll post it when I do do it. Gotta go start supper now.

Spartymom
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
I think I can do this. Ok, I can. Let's hope. I'll have to post something soon. Thanks Erin.

iloveflipflops
04-23-2007, 06:39 PM
We have a soccer game in 10 minutes but I promise to try this later tonight. I have lots of zig pens so I am on the right path, right? Is that what they are called? OMG - I am so excited.... who else is doing this with me?!?!??!!

iloveflipflops
04-23-2007, 06:49 PM
I did it I did it .... but DH won't let me post it till we get back. Be back in 2 hours ..... ugh!

Spartymom
04-23-2007, 06:52 PM
I just doodled the grass on paper. But if you use black pen and screw up, you can't erase it. So why not just use the colored pen right away? I doodled with a pencil just to see how it would look. Looks good.Kim

midnitecreations
04-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Erin, you're a great teacher. That's a wonderful guide you posted on your blog.

cindi
04-23-2007, 08:38 PM
thanks Erin for the class!!:notworthy:
Should I send you a fee???
LOL!!
I'm lovin this!
:)

Erin K
04-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Yes send a fee! heehee KIDDING

You can use just the pencil, I just like the look with the pen first.