PDA

View Full Version : More on embossing paste

inkinupstamps
04-25-2007, 10:20 AM
As I've said before, I've been having the BEST time playing and experimenting with embossing paste lately.

Well, yesterday I was in my LSS and chatting with the owner. She has a huge new selection of the gorgeous Dreamweaver Brass Stencils AND she was showing me examples of cards using BLACK embossing paste.

Oh my goodness gracious sakes! Ladies, it is sooooooooo elegant and gorgeous. Just the slightest shading was used with colored oil sticks (another really fun coloring product) and ultra fine glitter.

Explain with words doesn't do this justice, but if you love playing with embossing paste and have tried the silver, gold, bronze, clear, opaque and all of the rest...you MUST try using the black paste. When I get my calendar cleared for playing just for myself time I'm going to try out some of these new stencils and the black paste. It is incredibly beautiful!

Jennifer :)

tesschap
04-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Do you have a tutorial for using embossing paste? I've only seen a few pieces that were made with it. I love the look but have no clue what to do!

JBgreendawn
04-26-2007, 05:58 PM
yep,
a cool thing you can do with the black is after its dry add some glue.
they actually recommend that stupid heat setting glue pad that hates me... but then after you get the glue right, you add some metallic leafing to the top... brush off the extra...
really neat.

I like all the colors EXCEPT the red. mine is like gloopy old paint in the can and i wasn't expecting that. its not like any of the others i own.

countrycowgirl
04-29-2007, 11:31 PM
The black looks great with perfect pearls as well... let it dry apply perfect media to the embossed areas and then add perfect pearls!!! Wow metallic shimmer... and I love the new glossy white that is out as well.

Caboverde1
04-30-2007, 07:36 PM
I absolutely love the stuff! You can also heat emboss it...cool!

TOnii