PDA

View Full Version : I don't think Lincoln will be having his surgery today afterall

Sherry
04-26-2007, 06:44 AM
As you know, Lincoln was scheduled to be neutered this morning. Unfortunately, he has come down with some sort of bug. I was up every hour last night letting him outside to pooh (diarrhea) and to vomit. I'm just waiting for the vet clinic to open so I can call and find out what needs to be done. I don't think they'll put him under if he's sick, will they??

DH was joking around this morning and saying that Lincoln must have overheard us talking about his upcoming "snip snip" and now Lincoln has a terrible case of anxiety and fright! :D

shuggy
04-26-2007, 06:46 AM
probably not. i'm sorry he's sick. poor little guy.

inkinupstamps
04-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Awwww...bless his little heart! Golly, Sherry! I wouldn't think they'd want to do the surgery if he isn't in tip top condition. Poor little fellow. Hope he'll feel super duper soon and then the snip-snip can be over with too.

tesschap
04-26-2007, 07:09 AM
I was thinking the same thoughts as I was reading your post! I hope Lincoln is better soon.

Sherry
04-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Lincoln is off to the vet - they wanted to check him over. No surgery for him today, though. I hope my baby will be okay. He was sooo not himself. He just wanted to lie on the floor. Lincoln didn't even greet DH when DH came down the stairs this morning. Usually, Roy gets pounced on like Dino used to do to Fred in the Flinstones.

loobylou
04-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Poor Pup. Hope he gets better soon. He might settle down on the pouncing after he finally gets the snip
Sarah

GrammaStamper
04-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hear Lincoln is a bit off today. The vision of him behaving like Dino is a good one, though! Thanks for the chuckle about that, anyway.

Christie
04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Aww poor little puppie. It's a good thing you are taking him to the vet. I hope all is ok with him. Be sure to let us know.

Sherry
04-26-2007, 12:19 PM
DH is back from the vet and my poor poochie has a virus. He was given an injection to help with the vomitting and was given pills to take for the next four days.

I should have been a vet. A 15 minute visit cost me $75! I think I'm going to get me some puppy insurance!

workin4stamps
04-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Poor Lincoln. I have really thought about checking into that puppy insurance, too.... ESPECIALLY since I have a lab! LOL. I think they'll eat anything. One of my friend's dogs ate a sock, and it was $2500 for the surgery! Of course Labs are probably considered "high risk"... LOL

Were you able to reschedule Lincoln's "other" appt? (I don't want to say it out loud in case he might overhear....)

:-)
Traci

cindi
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm glad they gave hiom some meds, hopefully he will be his pouncing self again soon!
:)