PDA

View Full Version : Poor dh

ellie
04-26-2007, 10:28 PM
fell in the pool this evening. We have a screenhouse set up on the cement area around the pool and it sits very close to the edge. Well, instead of walking around behind it, he tried to go in front of it and fell in. He cut his leg pretty good and he said that when he hit the bottom, it hurt his back so much that he almost passed out. (He has a bad back already). It is scary to think what would have happened if he did. I didn't even know he was outside. So now he is kind of "floating" around because he had to take muscle relaxers to keep the pain from getting worse.
I think that thing is jinxed. Last week, our dog was chasing a ball and she ran right through the screen...it scared her and now we have a Zoe shaped hole in the side!!!!

tesschap
04-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh no Ellie. I hope DH's injuries quickly heal and he's back to normal soon.

Christie
04-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Poor dh. I hope his back is feeling better by tomorrow. Talking about your dog running into it made me think of my dog. You know when your dog gets all excited and runs fast all over the place. Mine was doing that outside one day and we had just put up a wire fence and he ran smack into it. Left an indetion and made him go flying backwards. Poor doggie! lol! I hope your dog is ok too!

teabear
04-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh Ellie, I hope he is better tomorrow and that the meds relax those muscles.

shuggy
04-26-2007, 10:55 PM
oh no!! i hope his leg and back are ok!

Far North
04-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Lots of TLC for DH tonight!!!
...Jan

hutchink
04-27-2007, 12:09 AM
So sorry to hear about DH! Hope the meds will work and he will be feeling better in no time at all!

~K

stampcrazyjulie
04-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Thank Goodness that things didn't turn out a whole lot worse! I would be all for putting up a nice sturdy fence around it so nothing like this happens again! :) Big Hugs coming your way! :)

ellie
04-27-2007, 08:56 AM
It's really our own fault....if we would just walk around the other way, we would be perfectly safe. There is something in our brain that just says...I can do this! Anyway, I fell in last year the same way. I had just told my son...man I know we shouldn't walk around this way 'cause one of these days....I had my jeans and sneakers on too...oh well, at least I didn't have my phone in my pocket.