PDA

View Full Version : Which ink pads do you prefer?

Robinkay
04-28-2007, 05:14 PM
I have been trying to decide if I should buy more of the stampin up ink pads off ebay. I don't really have alot of pads maybe...40, and that includes the basic colors from stampin up and some other pads.
Are there any ink pads that you prefer over other ones?

Robin

Kreative Dryve
04-28-2007, 05:19 PM
I love SU, and have really never bought any others, except the kalioscope, versa mark, and top boss. You just can't beat the colors, and the price.
(I always buy the set, instead one by one)
~MJ

moosemama
04-28-2007, 05:22 PM
I use SU! almost exclusively-I have versamark and 2 distress ink pad from Tim Holz, but I really like the Stampin up ones. Usually, when I buy the inkpad I buy the refill also, that way I don't have to worry if it dries out on me.

mahodgman
04-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I also love SU ink pads, but I have some other favorites too. When you are stamping a detailed image (lots of lines) you have to have a Versafine pad! It is far superior to all the other's I've tried (SU, CTMH, StazOn). I only have black and brown, and so far it has been enough. I'm not sure how many colors it comes in.

firefly
04-28-2007, 06:45 PM
are my Versafine pads! Love them - but they don't have very many colors. They stamp very detailed stamps very well.

buggainok
04-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, I hate to admit this, but I don't have any SU inks. I really like the Versafine Onyx for all around stamping. It does a wonderful job on the detailed stamps like House Mouse, and on the clear stamps as well.

For colors I have all the Petal Point sets by Colorbox. They are pigment inks and also work on rubber or clear acrylics.

Then I have a miscellaneous assortment that I have picked up here and there, mainly on sale some place.

Patty
04-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I use my Marvy matchables most often. Usually Black. I like VersaMark too. If I had it to do again, I would invest in a couple of good black ones, dye and pigment--and not so many colored ones--I don't use those so often. Do you??:confused: ---ps--Always have to get the reinker, too

Erin K
04-28-2007, 06:55 PM
I really like the palette ones, I have all the colors in spots of those and then the black (noir) and reinker.

I also love versafine for basic stamping. My prismacolor markers and also gamsol smear it though. But not watercolors so that's cool.

I use stazon some too and like it.

I have a hanful of the SU and like them but they don't like my acrylic stamps as well as the versafine, could be a pigment vs. dye issue though. They do make the BEST colors.

teabear
04-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Well, I sold my SU pads after I discovered the versafine pads. I have all but a couple of colors of those now. They came out with a whole new line of colors this year and I think there are about 12 colors available. I also love the brilliance pads and they come in little teardrops in a 4 pack at the big stores for $9.99...good deal with a coupon or on sale. They give a shimmery image....really cool. I also love the distress ink pads and have quite a number of those, too. I have a stazon for permanent stuff like dominos. Guess I have alot of ink!

irishchristine
04-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I love my SU pads. I love that the paper and markers and ink all match!!

ctinyjoy
04-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't any SU pads, but I do have all the Ranger distress inks and almost all the original Adirondack inks. I have started to buy the new colors, so far Mountain Rose and Hazelnut. I have many of the cat's eyes and the new dew drops. I also own the main colors of Versafine and Stazon.

mjbonoan
04-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I prefer the Palette Hybrid Ink Pads. They are both dye and pigment, all purpose pads. They dry quick, fade resistant, acid free, archival, plus water proof, and I love the fact that they have a raised felt pad making it easy to work with. They also sell the Palette Spots (4 pks)!

shuggy
04-28-2007, 10:13 PM
i love the su pads for color. but i discovered versafine onyx a few months and absolutely love it for most my stamping. if only they came in all the su colors!!!

stampcrazyjulie
04-28-2007, 10:27 PM
I have to say that I too love my SU! Pads, but I also have Versafine, all of Tim Holtz Ranger Inks, some All my Memories, CTMH and several of the Chalk Inks & Cat Eye mini pads. I am just a well rounded ink Gal! :)

mcourtney
04-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Marvy Matchables are my favorite.

JBgreendawn
04-29-2007, 10:42 AM
well,
it depends on what i am doing.
( I own all the su dye inks in pads and markers (except this years colors since they didn't come in markers and i don't like the new style pads)

I own most the distress dye inks, I own all the nick bantock dye inks, and an assortment of colorbox fluid chalk cats eyes, versafine cubes, some of the metallic pigment inks, (alot of pads OK?)

what i reach for the most are:

Versafine onyx black, vintage sepia and India Ink Black. (if i want to color it)
and the distress inks. probably the most often used ones are tea dye, peeled paint, tattered rose and fired brick. VersaMark for embossing usually.

Oh and i am on my second Nick Bantock van dyke brown ink pad. (its the only one Ive ever used so much i killed it)

hth,