PDA

View Full Version : Its AT LEAST 90 degrees out and I am going to walk with my neighbor ...

iloveflipflops
04-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I really need to get my butt in gear. Enough is enough. My clothes are fitting too tight (again) and I have got to get out there and walk.

So much for getting in my bikini for my birthday. That is NOT happening! ha ha

Maybe this will motivate me to get going once again. I used to walk 6 miles EVERY SINGLE day. Why can't I do it now????

teabear
04-30-2007, 06:59 PM
one step at a time girl. you'll get there.

iloveflipflops
04-30-2007, 07:00 PM
I believe that to be true Tami but I haven't walked or done anything in the way of exercise in like 3 months?!?!?! So I know I gotta start, its just starting .... :)

tojoco
04-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Good for you, Sherri. A little bit at a time. I need to get my butt in gear too before I meet everyone in September.

p.s. Unbelieveably high temp of 97 degrees in Collierville, TN today! There is never more than a week of Spring here. We go right from Winter to hot and humid Summer.

iloveflipflops
04-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Ok ... Just got back from my walk. We walked twice around the neighborhood which has hills, hills and more hills so I do think I got a great work out. I was so out of breath, its horrible. But I think today is day #1 and I will walk again tomorrow even if I am sore :)

tesschap
04-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Good job. It will get easier every day you walk. Just remember you need to be in shape to walk with me at Scrapfest in September :)

smileycollector
04-30-2007, 08:48 PM
You can do it Sherri! :) Sounds like we're all getting HOT weather. 90 here in Nebraska too.

Christie
05-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Sherri you should get up and walk before the sun comes out. That way its not so hot when you go. IF you go in the middle of the day you better wear sunscreen!

gigibee
05-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Sherri you took the first step and now the other steps will come easier. At least that is what I'm telling myself. It is amazing how much easier it does become once I get a routine. This is the exercise my surgeon wants me to do to get back in shape after my back surgery. Take care and remember a step at a time.

Konnie

iloveflipflops
05-01-2007, 10:19 AM
I just got back from my walk for today. Walked in 63 degrees (much better) and I walked 50 minutes :). I have to walk with my neighbor from 7-8 pm so I will try and walk twice a day. Once in the morning and again with her. That should get me moving right????