PDA

View Full Version : update...

mydogstinks2
05-01-2007, 05:44 AM
We got home about 1 am. They stabalized my BIL. He has to have open heart surgery, a quadruple bypass. Were not even sure if they were going to do that today or not. The DR will be in sometime today to see him. I got up early to take my shower so we could head up there and not get there to late in the morning. It takes about a hour and a half to get there from our house.

My Sister is taking this all pretty good. I know she is really scared but already has so much on her mind. Her surgery is scheduled for Monday. She still has to have it then we are not going to post-pone it. We have no idea how long she is going to be in the hospital for that either.

To make it even more fun, her surgery is in Ann Arbor! That is about 2 hours in the other direction from my house! Last night on the way home we relized that Dell, my BIL, was the only one of us who knew how to get to the hospital where her surgery is. My Sister slept most of the way there so she has no idea how to get there.

I think I'm going in to work to see about taking a leave of absence. I don't see any other way of being able to get these people anywhere. I guess if they say no and fire me I was looking for a job when I found that one. Right!

When Dell comes home and my sister comes home they both will be sick and need care. That means that I'm one sick person away from being a nursing home! LOL:twitcy: :swoon: :twitcy:

MidwestStamper
05-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the update Chris--sounds like you have alot on your shoulders! Your sister and BIL are lucky to have you around to help them. Is it possible to call the Hospital in Ann Arbor and get directions--or 'google' it on Map Quest? Maybe you all can hire some nursing care for the two of them when they get out of the hospital?

Vintagegal
05-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Chris, it's uplifting to hear that you're maintaining your sense of humor despite this. What a HUGE burden to have to bear. I was going to suggest the same thing as Lidia.....Mapquest. It's a wonderful tool. You can find out what highway is the closest to the hospital and I would suggest CALLING the hospital directly to verify the directions Mapquest gives you. I've used Mapquest in the last two months and it totally got me lost (took through a street that supposedly runs directly through....literally, THROUGH a high school).

I wish I lived closer to be able to help you out. I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers.

suzi_f
05-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Awww Chris. I'm so sorry this is all hitting you at once. At least you still have your sense of humor (at least I hope the Nsg Home comment was a joke!) Big BIG hugs to you. I wish I was closer to help you out!

ccstampin12
05-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Glad to get your update.
I am thinking about you and your family, and sending strength, patience, and hope your way.
Prayers and Hugs too.
Joanie

mahodgman
05-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Don't forget to take of yourself while you are tending to everyone else! Tell your employer you want to fill apply for FMLA (family medical leave act). Unless they are a really small business, they cannot fire you for taking time off to care for your family.

gigibee
05-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Chris so sorry to hear about your sister and bil and sending prayers and hugs to you. I can only imagine how stressful this time is for your family.Thank you for the update and do take care of yourself too.

Konnie

teabear
05-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Big hugs to your Chris. I'll be keeping you and your family close in my thoughts this week.

ellie
05-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Chris, you have so much on you right now. Make sure that you get the rest you need too. I will be holding you all in prayer. Let us know how things are going when you get a chance.

iloveflipflops
05-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Here's a big hug for you Chris. When it rains, it pours. Let us know if we can do anything at all :)

Kreative Dryve
05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Well wishes and prayers headed your way Chris! I hope all goes well with both surgeries, and they mend super fast. Let us know, and take care of yourself too!
~MJ

shuggy
05-01-2007, 12:10 PM
chris, please let us know if we can do anything from you. and take care of yourself too...get pleanty of sleep and don't forget to eat. we are thinking of you!!