PDA

View Full Version : This is totally unrelated to stamping but has anyone filled out a passport app lately

iloveflipflops
05-01-2007, 09:20 PM
We go Thursday to the post office to hand in our passport applications with our photos but I cannot find anywhere where it says whether or not to cut our photos and glue them on the apps or do they at the post office do that? I want to make sure i do it right :).

Does anyone know?

tesschap
05-01-2007, 09:49 PM
I just renewed mine. I went to the county clerks office instead of the Post Office and the clerk did everything. I'd wait and let the PO either do it or properly instruct you.

My3Ds
05-01-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm with Teresa, let the p.o. tell ya what to do with them.

kerry
05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I went to the PO and had them take care of it.

Kerry

stampcrazyjulie
05-01-2007, 10:19 PM
The main PO across Town has a special Passport Office in it, & they did everything for me there.....

irishchristine
05-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Just remember if you are getting any children passports both parents have to be there.

ellie
05-01-2007, 11:20 PM
We just got ours a few months ago and the man at the PO did everything. I remember having to write 2 checks also...one to the government and one to the PO.

midnitecreations
05-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I just did this last week. No, you don't cut and glue the pics. The clerk at the P.O. does it all. You also don't sign the apps. You have to sign that in front of the clerk.

iloveflipflops
05-02-2007, 05:52 AM
Thanks guys ! They are ready to go then :)

Nancy
05-02-2007, 09:53 AM
where are you going?

A few months ago I had my passport in my purse and needed to show my driving license and couldn't find it. So I pulled out my passport to show them and the woman there says we can't use that, it is not a RESPONSIBLE piece of paper. I like that big word she used and thought this is the USA, what happens if someone says that to you in another country.

The other situation that bothers me is, I sent it away with my marriage license to show the name change. They sent it back with "see page 24" stamped on the inside cover and on page 24 - "Name has changed to Anthony" I am having a new one made, that scares me. It is only typed with the date of our marriage and is legal. - Nancy

jewele803
05-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Nancy -

I have the married note on my passport...I've never had a problem with it. We travelled to Greece last year and have been to several islands where I took it. I don't understand why it's not responsible? I always thought it was as good as a driver's liscense for most things...

tesschap
05-02-2007, 11:51 AM
I bet the clerk never saw a passport so she wasn't comfortable taking it as a form of id! In most countries a passport is their main form of id and now that more Americans are needing passports to travel to Canada, and various islands where they weren't needed before it will become a more common form of id here. Evan is bad - he loves to use his passport as a form of id and challenges anyone who tells him its not a valid form. It is the most valid form!