+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Boil Classic Lasagna

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

No Boil Classic Lasagna

1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
    2 eggs
    2 (26 ounce) jars of pasta sauce, any flavor
    1 pound Italian Sausage, cooked and drained
    Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
    2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and eggs; mix well. In a 13x9 pan, spread 1 cup pasta sauce. Top with half each of the uncooked lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, sausage, remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella. Repeat layering. Cover tightly; bake 1 hour. Uncover, bake an additional 15 mins. or until hot. Let stand 15 mins. before serving.

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Re: No Boil Classic Lasagna

This may sound like a stupid question, but are you using regular lasagna noodles or the ones that are called "no-boil" lasagna noodles? I've heard of people using both so I thought I should ask. thanks.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

Quote Originally Posted by dancing queen View Post
    This may sound like a stupid question, but are you using regular lasagna noodles or the ones that are called "no-boil" lasagna noodles? I've heard of people using both so I thought I should ask. thanks.
    Just regular lasagna noodles. I didn't even know they made No boil noodles!

my mom..the master of all things cooked..lol told me any noodle can be no cook if you use enough liquids..in this case sauce. She's never wrong, so I wouldn't
    spend more just because something says no boil, just bump up the liquids

This is soooo different to how I make my lasagne. i am going to have to try it for sure. Tell me, what is italian sausage?- is it sausages with skin on, or is it a loose mince/ground meat?
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    This is soooo different to how I make my lasagne. i am going to have to try it for sure. Tell me, what is italian sausage?- is it sausages with skin on, or is it a loose mince/ground meat?
    it can be either way, Itailan sausage is the seasoned kind not the breakfast kind. we get it as sweet or hot. does thta help?

a style of pork sausage which is noted for its seasoning of fennel and/or anise. i usually use mild. i buy mine in casing and then take it off when i cook it.

This is similar to my lasagna -- I tend to use the San Giorgio no-boil zig-zag lasagna noodles -- some of the others get gummy. I use 2lbs of sausage -- in the 1lb tubes -- one hot -- one mild. We also like ours tomato-ey -- So I take 2 cans of finely chopped tomatoes and split them up between layers -- juice and all. I usually add italian spices to my ricotta mixture. But our recipes are basically the same! Yum!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread