+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does little white dots in your throat mean?

What does little white dots in your throat mean?

So my Kids have been sick with the Flu & cold & cough and everything esle you can think of for the past 2 weeks. I have had a sore throat for about 2 weeks now, & I just looked at my thoat in the mirror, & I have some white spots....is that mean I have Strep Throat? It hurts like heck, but I just hate to take cold meds, so I haven't.

If I do have Strep, I won't have time to go to the Dr. before Tuesday. Is there anything over the counter that I can take, or do I need antibiotics?
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"] What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :twitcy:[/COLOR]

I am not really qualified to say this, but when I've had those before the doctor told me it was infection. Little puss filled dots ( eek ) It's best to have those checked!

3. Sounds like Strep Throat to me... Hope you feel better!!!
    Mary Jayne
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
    John Lennon

UGH!! That is just what I was afraid of! Dang it!
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"] What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :twitcy:[/COLOR]

maybe thrush???
    Sarah

6. I am thinking strep throat as well. Get to the dr.
    The Shackretary

I've had those little white dots before, and I've never had strep! I used to get them with tonsilitis. Either way, it is probably an infection, and you won't be able to fight it on your own.

Great. I have the worst luck! My oldest DD woke up this morning & both of her eyes were stuck shut! We may have to make a trip to Kids Care or Insta-care or something today for all of us.

I just feel so yucky, & I have been up with sick crying Kids for days! I used some throat spray last night but it didn't work, so I resorted to eating frozen "Otter Pops" which did work, but I must have eaten like 5 or 6. My Kids are not going to be happy when they have none left because Mom ate them all!

9. Yep, sounds like sterp throat to me & you do need antibiotics for it. OTC stuf is just going to mask the pain, not get rid of it. The sooner you get the antibiotics the sooner you'll start to feel better. Chances are that after 24 hours of starting the antibiotics you'll already see improvement. I would make that trip today rather than wait til Tuesday. Hope you feel better soon!
    Jennifer
    DT Member for DRS Designs
    My Blog: Ink N' Scrap Habits
    My March 2013 {Winning} Bingo Numbers: 6, 14, 19, 29, 47, 52, 63, 79, 84, 91

Eyes stuck shut would tell me it's conjunctivitis (pink eye). Puss-filled white dots would mean strep. If they can't swallow a dangp-tootin' thing, it could be strep, or, as Mary said, tonsilitis. Regardless, you all sound pretty miserable (and potentially contagious) so you probably need to head to the urgent care ASAP.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

+ Reply to Thread