+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4,000 posts celebration!

4,000 posts celebration & giveaway

I just passed 4,000 posts...what a grand time here at the shack. So, to celebrate I have some prisma pencils to give away. It's an assortment of colors that I hope someone can put to good use. If you'd like to get in on the drawing for them, please post here. The only catch is you have to share something with all of us.

Please tell us some wonderful tip you have learned along your stamping journey that you think will help everyone. It can be technique, money saving, organization, or something else. If you want to add a link to show us more about your tip, that's even better. Only one entry per person, but feel free to share more than one tip. I will leave this thread open until Tuesday at noon PDT, so everyone gets a chance to play.
    Last edited by teabear; 06-05-2007 at 03:06 AM.

Wow Tami, congrats on your 4,000th post. BTW, I love your signature pix of your puppy doggies.

One tip that I have that has proven very help to me is:

I bought one of those very large desk monthly calendar pads. I go through our birthday list and I write everyone's birthday in the appropriate square for the entire year. When the list is updated I just add them to my calendar. Every month I go through the desk calendar pad, try to get all my cards made out for the month or just grab some from my stash, get them addressed and ready to mail.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

3. Congratulations Tami on 4000 posts! This is an awesome place isn't it?!
    I could give you an organizational tip of mine... I have several small disposable rubbermaid containers (6 x9that I put my cardstock scraps in and then when I need just a small piece of a certain color, I go to the appropriate container first before cutting into a full sheet. There are photos of my stamp room in the gallery and you can see these on the shelf above my desk.

I loved Joanne's suggestion above and will have to do that too! GREAT idea!
    Smiles, Pam

My blog: Stamping with {Serendipity!}

"Stamping makes an ordinary day more colorful!"

congrats Tami!!

I'm right behind ya!!!!
    It sure is easy to rack up post on such an awesome site!!
    my tip is ( and maybe everyone knows?)
    is to store your ink pads upside down so it's always juicy & ready to use

5. Tami, congrats on 4,000 posts.

My tip: become a full-fledged member of The Shack because you learn something new everyday. Today, for example, I will adopt Joanne's tip about the large monthly calendar! Thanks, Joanne and thanks, Tami for the great giveaway to celebrate.

Tami -- wow! 4,000 posts! You are a real yakker! :-)

I learned about those WONDERFUL Rubbermaid square containers with the X in the middle for storing pencils, markers and more! LOVE them!

Nancy

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Great Tips Everyone...

Keep them coming! Here's a pic of the prize:
    Last edited by teabear; 06-22-2007 at 12:07 PM.

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps
    Hi Tami, Congratulations on 4000 posts! Wow, don't know if I'll ever get that or not.

One technique I love is your thing, the one sheet wonder to make 8 cards from 1 sheet of c/s.

I really like Joanne's idea of the big calendar to keep up with the birthdays.
    Michelle

:cheer: I'm so happy for you!!! WAY TO GO!!

10. I already have the pencils, but I just wanted to say Congrats....whoa! 4000!! Thats a lot of Talkin' Tami!!

+ Reply to Thread