+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum Changes

1. Forum Changes

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you've all noticed the new change in forum structure by now As you will notice, we have added subcategories to the main page and this should aid individuals in selecting the proper forum in which to place their threads. You will also noticed that some categories have moved, some new ones have been added and some have simply vanished into thin air.

We've changed the structure for several reasons with the main one being that the board was becoming way too cluttered and users were unsure as to where to post their threads. As a result, the moderators were working overtime moving threads around to the proper place.

We also had categories that were somewhat similar to other categories and it just made no sense in having two. In cases like this, we simply merged the two together. We also had categories that didn't seem all that popular and only had four or five posts in them. In this case, the category was axed and the threads were simply moved to another forum.

One of the new features we've added is the 'Online Stamp and Supply' directory. No longer will you have to search through countless posts trying to find a link to an online vendor. We now have them listed in alphabetical order! Please feel free to add to the list (without adding duplicates, please). Instructions are provided at the top of the category page. Psst...we also have plans to revamp the birthday list in this manner too.

I'd like to extend a HUGE thank you to all of the staff members for their opinions and ideas regarding the new forum structure! You guys rock!

If anyone has any issues, questions, or concerns please let us know.

Cheers!
    Sherry
    Last edited by Sherry; 06-06-2007 at 08:51 AM.

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps
    Just looked at the forums page, wow! this is really cool.

You are the coolest adminstrator.
    Michelle

I noticed it yesterday. You and the staff did a wonderful job. It's great to see such talent from volunteers. This is a great website to be a part of.
    Kim

thank you for doing this. This really great. I love to be enabled.
    shelley

I noticed yesterday, too!
    Great job, everyone!
    Joanie

6. BRAVO!! Wonderful!

Oh Sherry! The forums are tremendously easier to navigate now. I love this new look. Y'all worked really hard and I just want to say that your efforts were very successful.

The forum page had become a page I avoided going to because it was so full before and I couldn't navigate it. NOW...well, your update is just perfectly wonderful!

Thanks for all you and the staff does for this site!

Great job, one and all!
    Jennifer

My blog

great work ladies!!!

It looks great!
    Thanks to all of you!
    :yay:

Wow Sherry, you did a fantastic job of organizing our forums. I, too, avoided the forum page as I thought it was really confusing. This is much better and a lot easier to navigate through. Thanks so much for all you do for us.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

You guys are awesome! I am very grateful to be a part of such a wonderful site...thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank you! This is wonderful -- another terrific upgrade to the Shack.

Now who do I direct my credit card bill to when I go overboard -- you enablers, you! :-) Nancy

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread