+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To those who have been published...

1. Question To those who have been published...

...which way do you prefer to submit your cards-via email or via snail mail & actually send in the card? About how long after you submitted something did you find out if it was accepted for publication or not?

Just curious about how it all works, as I am preparing to start submitting since I have a "No Buy" vow in progress. (Have to get some excitement somehow & use the supplies I've got!)

Thanks for the help!
    Jennifer
    DT Member for DRS Designs
    My Blog: Ink N' Scrap Habits
    My March 2013 {Winning} Bingo Numbers: 6, 14, 19, 29, 47, 52, 63, 79, 84, 91

2. I prefer to submit by email but most of the places I submit to don't accept email so I have to mail it in. I always send a SASE so they will return my materials and I'll know whether it not its going to be published.
    As far as when you hear back....some mags will keep the card on file for months if they know it'll fit a long range call they may have. Since sometimes you don't know for several months, I never re-submit a card elsewhere until I hear back. If I know for sure its been rejected, then I will send it on somewhere else.
    Good luck!!

Laura

I've been sending my cards through snail mail because the only place I've been sending it to is Stampington & Co.

Sometimes, it's taken then nearly a year before they'll publish one of my cards. The shortest time I've waited (between the time I've sent to the time I've discovered a card was about to be published) was six months. They work ahead of schedule for that length of time (six months ahead of schedule). So, if you were to send anything now, and it got there before July 1st, you're probably looking at having your cards published in the February/March issue (Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day themes).
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

madebyme Guest View Member Photos
    Does Stampington & Co. return the cards or do they keep them?

5. I've never had any cards returned from Stampington.
    Awna

bored? Read my blog:
    http://allinkdup.blogspot.com

MAR BINGO #'s (maybe 4th time is a charm?)

3-10-25-34-50-56-69-77-92-100

6. I've only been published by Papercrafts, and I always submit my stuff to them electronically from their website. They put out specific calls, and then you usually know within a couple of weeks after the deadline if it's accepted. If they accept it, then you have to send them the original card. They do send it back to you, too. I've only submitted stuff to them a couple of times (and it's been a while), but when they sent my card back to me they also sent me a box of goodies. It had a LOT of stuff in it. Plus they pay you. It's usually only about $30, but it's better than nothing!

:-)
    Traci

7. WOW! Thanks for the info Traci!
    Jennifer
    DT Member for DRS Designs
    My Blog: Ink N' Scrap Habits
    My March 2013 {Winning} Bingo Numbers: 6, 14, 19, 29, 47, 52, 63, 79, 84, 91

where do they list their calls? Papercrafts I mean. I'm probably not cute enough for that magazine...

Anyhow Asela can clear me up if I'm quoting her wrong but she said NOT to send a return mailer with cards if you really want them published. She says then they only consider them for a short time and then return them. If you do not send a return mailer they can consider them for longer like if they don't work in this issue or the next but in a year they work then they still have them and consider them at that time. It made sense to me. Asela is published all the time so I figure she knows what she's talking about.

Course some folks really want them back so if that's the case you should send a return mailer, me I don't care.

+ Reply to Thread