+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Advice Please: Paper cutter not cutting straight anymore!

Buy a Dahle ASAP and your days of cutting crooked will be long gone...

LinzyD,
    What on earth is a Dahle? I would sure love to see one.

I have the Dahle too -- thanks to the "Enablers of the Shack!" Nothing I have used cuts better -- you can cut as little as a hair's width off of a piece and it cuts perfectly. Is it the perfect cutter? No... not if you scrapbook as well. The base tray is only 6 inches wide -- if you scrap you need the ability to cut up to 12 inches. I also wish the Dahle had a grid in 1/2 or 1/4 inches on the base like all of the other cutters I have used do -- just to help you get the straightest line possible. Still, I would recommend one! I got mine from the vendor on eBay that everyone was recommending -- and I think I paid about $50.

I still have my gray Fiscars with the orange blades for larger sheets and for scoring...

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

4. For anyone who's interested, there is a link on the main page of the Stamp Shack to Oozak's - the place where all of our Shackies are purchasing their Dahle trimmers. Use the special promo code to receive a $10 discount!! Free shipping to anywhere in the US too!

Also, not mentioned above, the Dahle rotary wheel is self sharpening so there is no need to replace blades every month or so. I've had my Dahle for 2 years and the blade still cuts a sharp as it did when it was new.
    Last edited by Sherry; 07-05-2007 at 03:08 PM.

5. So, which Dahle do you all have? I see there is one for about $47 and one that cost over $1000 -- yikes

6. Most of us have the 507K model

http://www.oozak.com/proddetail.php?prod=DAH507K

sherry,
    thanks a million i'm off to check that out, btw I'm loving your new avatar! You are beautiful!! NOw finally I get to put a face to that name!!

I have the cutterpede and I had the problem, also had it on the larger fiskars trimmer and my lss said you need to replace the cutting insert under the blade everytime you replace the blade as it traps small parts of paper in there which can cause it to not cut straight. I don't replace it everytime but I do turn it over to a new side each blade and that has seemed to help mine a bunch on both ones I have.

Cindy

My Blog

9. Thanks for all of your suggestions! The paper trimmer I have is the Fiskars 12" portable trimmer, seen here http://www.fiskarscrafts.com/tools/t...r-trimmer.aspx

I have emailed Fiskars customer support, so hopefullyI will have some type of answer soon! I'm glad I asked all of you what I should do, belive it or not, I never thought to contact the company!

I guess we'll have to wait & see what happens!

PS: Stacy, to answer your question...I'm on a no buy until Jan 1, 2008! So, as you can see getting my paper cutter fixed without buying a new one is high on my priority list! (I know, YIKES!)
    Jennifer
    DT Member for DRS Designs
    My Blog: Ink N' Scrap Habits
    My March 2013 {Winning} Bingo Numbers: 6, 14, 19, 29, 47, 52, 63, 79, 84, 91

10. Jennifer, after seeing which Fiskars you have, I'm suprised it's lasted THIS long!!! I had that one, in the beginning of my scrappin' days. It just flat out STINKS. Design flaw. Fiskars sent me a new guard thingie & it did not good (they also told me to stop cutting stacks of cardstock. I've never cut more than one piece of cardstock at a time!!). You need to replace it w/a triple track fiskars or one of the better brands (I'm still wanting a Dahle!) I switched to the triple track & have not had another problem w/crooked cuts.

As far as your no buy thing: I applaude you!!! I don't have the willpower but Lord knows I have enough supplies to go many years w/o buying. However, your trimmer is essential, like a kidney. You need a decent one!! I don't think replace a defective essential tool would violate the no buy pact. JMO.

+ Reply to Thread