+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Can we talk?"

1. "Can we talk?"

Does anyone remember that line that Joan Rivers always used before she spoke, "Can we talk?"

Well...I just want to say to you creative gals a huge THANK YOU for your inspiration, encouragement and being such fabulous roll models too!

Here's my story...lack of confidence, procrastination, never quite sure it is 'enough'. Y'all know I have a passion for stamping and card making. I practically eat and sleep it (I know...I need a real life!) But I've never been able to sell anything. I've never had anything published. I've never felt I've measured up to all of my wonderfully creative message board mentor friends who have been successful while I continue to plug along.

Well, today I finally slapped myself and said "snap out of it, Jennifer!" Mary posted this morning about her co-worker ordering cards, Erin's realtor bought a bajillion cards, Barb's cleaning lady placed an order from her.

My husband has been asking and asking me to put together a basket of cards and an order sheet that he'd just set on his desk at work. He said he wouldn't/couldn't push them on people but if anyone asked they were free to look and place orders. I've been poo-pooing the idea because I didn't think anyone would want my old cards.

Well, thanks to your inspiration and stories I think today a light bulb went on in my head and reminded me that if I didn't try it surely wouldn't happen. So, I've spent today tweeking and reworking 8 different Christmas cards from secular, cutesy, to religious for Paul to take in and put on his desk.

Who knows...I may not get a single order. Your posts, your challenges, your inspiration finally gave me the push I needed to get off my fat bohiney and DO SOMETHING rather than crying because no one wants my work.

I just had to write this out because it is a sad place to feel sorry for oneself. I'm really tired of it! Jeepers, Mr. Wilson, I'm going to give it a try! Wish me luck but more importantly I thank you all for all you've done for me! I sure love you for that!
    Jennifer

My blog

You Go Girl!!!! Jennifer, this is wonderful news!

I am SURE people will love all of your creations just as much as all of us do! You are very talented and I know that the normal, lay-people out there (who have no idea what goes into stamping) will see that too!!!!

Keep us posted!
    Julie
    Julie

That's great, Jennifer!

That's the spirit! Step up to that plate, girl! It's all about putting your heart into it and giving it your best.

We'll work at it together! I just accepted a friend's request to have my handmade stuff at her Holiday Open House. I'm still shaking at the knees! If you hold my hand, I'll hold yours!

hugs,
    Jane

4. You've got my hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsie Daisy! View Post
    That's the spirit! Step up to that plate, girl! It's all about putting your heart into it and giving it your best.

We'll work at it together! I just accepted a friend's request to have my handmade stuff at her Holiday Open House. I'm still shaking at the knees! If you hold my hand, I'll hold yours!

hugs,
    Jane
    WOW, Jane! You have nice, soft, warm hands and I'm honoured to hold yours while you hold mine! This is great! When is the open house? Keep me posted, ok?
    Jennifer

My blog

Inkyhands Guest View Member Photos
    silliness, just plain silliness. Your work is absolutely gorgeous......heck I e-mailed you about buying rooster tiles before I even knew it was you DIDN'T I???????
    you are sure to sell lots of cards....I'm sure of it.
    Good luck.
    HUGS

6. Jennifer, I have no doubt that you will have orders for cards. Your work is incredible and beautiful. I'll bet you $1.00 that you will have an order within 2 days of Paul sitting those cards on his desk!

I'm going to make myself a business card tonight for my LSS to display for my services of cardmaking and scrapbooking albums to the point of picture-ready. I'm going to Mall of America or die trying!!!!

Glad you gave yourself a shake and wish to be proactive. It's a good feeling.

7. Way to go!!

You watch, you will have so many orders, you will be swarming in them. Just make time for us here at the Shack, ok?

We will say "We knew Jennifer when ..." ha ha

you get the idea!! I think its great!
    The Shackretary

Quote Originally Posted by inkinupstamps View Post
    WOW, Jane! You have nice, soft, warm hands and I'm honoured to hold yours while you hold mine! This is great! When is the open house? Keep me posted, ok?
    LOL!! I was just thinking that I need to go warm my hands up before you grabbed hold of them! Well, they're nice and warm now!

Did you post your cards to the gallery? I'm sure they are beautiful. You are such a talented crafter.

The open house is on the 1st. I think Lisa's going to have her stuff there too!

Jane

Yes, we can talk!

Ok, so last night I was in the chat room....when the phone rings. It's my friend's mom asking if she can buy some cards. I had given my friend a set of cards as a hostess gift last week and her mom wants to buy some now. She is planning to buy several sets of 6 as gifts. I'm going to pull out all my cards so she can come and choose the ones she likes. Isn't that amazing!

I've been thinking of taking some over to the local florist and I think this is the push I need. So we are all in this together! Isn't it fun? I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, and about pricing, I did some research last night. What I found was such a wide array of prices, but here is the one I like: $3 each, 6 for $15, 10 for $20. What do you think about that for a price structure?

Jennifer and Jane, I know you will both sell everything that you offer for sale. You both do outstanding work.
    Last edited by teabear; 11-15-2006 at 04:37 PM.

Tami!

That's great! We can all do this together. I'm feeling the love... are you?

hugs,
    Jane

+ Reply to Thread