+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Can we talk?"

Yes Jane,

It's so fun to journey out there together! I am also thinking of making up some to/from tags. I have some nice little organza bags to package them in. I know you will do great at the sale.

Jennifer,
    Good for you! I understand how you feel though, or felt, I never think my works good enough and I know its not but yours is wonderful , I say run with it , and if you ever need a pep talk we are all here.
    Mindy
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
    ~ Henry Van Dyke ~

Living Life (My Blog)

Th e Cats Meow (My other Blog)

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps
    Hi Jennifer, you silly girl, I've never heard such silliness. Make those cards, girl, send them with Paul and you 'll have all kinds of orders. Your cards are beautiful!
    Michelle

4. SEE? I wasn't kidding when I said, "I LOVE YOU!"

What friends you all are!! This is just so very, very exciting!

Tami I don't know diddly about pricing. Nothing at all. Paul keeps reminding me that Hallmark cards don't sell for under $3.95 U.S. (more in CAD $) but I think I really agree with what you've listed for prices. That sounds really good.

My plan (well, it is actually Paul's) is to have these sample cards in a variety of styles. On each I'll have a sticker/code number. This way I'll keep track at home of each card and know precisely how I embellished it, what medium I used to colour it, what type of CS I used, what sentiment...you know what I mean. This way they can actually look at samples and if they want a mix I'm ok with that too. If they want a box of all the same, that is fine.

OK, you ladies need to promise to keep me posted on how it goes for you (by "you ladies" I mean EVERYONE here who is selling.)

I'm just so excited to be in such wonderful company in our endeavor! WOO HOO!

This is really and exciting day!
    Jennifer

My blog

5. I know I'm late w/my well wishes for you but, I know you'll do fine. You're work is terriffic & even if you're too close to it to see, everyone else will!!

Oh geez! Are you kidding me?? Jennifer, your stuff rocks! You are awesomely, elegantly talented.
    Now what are you going to do when you have beaucoup orders for cards that everyone wants ASAP for Christmas??

Kathy

Good luck Jennifer. Do you remember how long ago I told you that your work is so professional? Well, let's just see how many orders you'll be getting. You will have so many you will not be able to sleep for days.

Tami's pricing is pretty much what I do. I have and do sell my cards for $3 each but each project that I make, I think about what I would spend on it and go from there.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Talking There is such talent here!

Jennifer,,,your work is beautiful! You will have no problems getting orders. I bet you have more orders than you ever dreamed of.
    Tami,,,go, go, go to the florist. What a great idea!
    Jane good luck on your show.
    All of you do such beautiful work!
    I have a little craft show on Dec 1st, so I'll jump in with all of you! WoooHooo! Here we go! LOL!

Catherine

Jennifer your stuff rocks

When I first joined the MB, I would look at your cards and think, this gal's got talent. I've never once changed my thinking when it comes to your stuff since then. As to selling, I'm sure you will. You're cards are great. I'm in the same boat you are. I loved the tiles I did, but still I hestitate wondering if they will sell. I've gotten a couple of requests and need to sort out pricing. But if you guys are trying new venues to sell, then I'm going to jump in with both feet and figure out some to sell too.
    renu

Holy self pity Batman!......Snap out of it woman! I love your cards and those tiles were to die for! I'm so glad you are taking the plunge, and I'm confident you will be sucessful!

What are Tami's prices, I didn't see that? The gal who ordered 40 from me told me to charge her what they are worth because she thinks $2 each is too little. I'm fine with $2 each, but if she wants to give me extra, she can...lol

+ Reply to Thread