+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Navigation Menu

1. Navigation Menu

As I am sure you have noticed, we have changed our navigation menu a wee bit. Things, AGAIN, were getting very crowded up there so I had to condense things down. Rather than removing links from the menu (GASP!), I simply added categories. For instance, you will see the newly created 'Creative Corner'. You would select this menu if you are looking for the more creative aspects of The Stamp Shack (ie. the gallery, the swap board, tutorials).

Our new Creative Team has some new and exciting features planned so they needed a little space of their own on the navigation bar as well. You will soon find their items listed under the CT Challenges category (this category name will most likely change though - this one is just there as a place holder). As you can see, this menu does absolutely nothing at the moment, but it will soon!

I hope the new changes will not prove too confusing. We are trying to make things easier to find without having all of the clutter and mess associated with large amounts of links and information.

Cheers,
    Sherry

What happen to the recent threads on the main page?? I liked it on the main page!!!
    Hugs,

You are special. Never stop believing that.

My Blog

3. Quote Originally Posted by hutchink View Post
    What happen to the recent threads on the main page?? I liked it on the main page!!!
    We are making some changes to the main page. Recent threads will still be there - just not recent threads from ALL forums. As this is a Stamping and Card Making website, we're trying to gear the main page more towards that. For instance, when a new user logs on to the main page of our website for the first time and sees discussions on such things as marital problems and constipation, they might be confused as to the actual purpose of this website. Is this a stamping and card making website or is it something else?

Don't worry guys, we're not taking anything away. We're ADDING new features and in order to do that we must modify the content and layout of the website somewhat. You can still discuss whatever you wish to discuss in the Daily Dish forums but the contents of the Daily Dish forums will not be posted on the main page. Only stamping and card related discussions will appear in this section. As you can see, there have been no recent posts made to the stamping forum otherwise posts would be shown.

Tip: For those of you who don't know this, making use of the 'New Posts' button in the navigation menu will keep you up to speed on ALL of the recent discussions that were posted since your last visit.

There will be lots more on this later.

4. Sherry the new Navigation Menu is awesome... it's well organized (and you know I'm all into have everything in it's place (OCD))!

ETA: I love the idea of not having Daily Dish topics on the Home Page.
    Jovita
    Inky Impressions ~ my blog

5. I agree with not having DD on the main page. Makes perfect sense.

I like the new categories on the bar. Can't wait to things popping up in the CT one!!!

+ Reply to Thread