+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Swap Board Update & other swap news.

sherry these are great rules!!

i love that there will be consequences for flakers and that they will not be allowed to continue to do so. how will the flakers be reported?

i can't believe that some people would send back a persons swap because it wasn't "up to their standards". i've hosted quite a few swaps and i've recieved all levels of crafters items. if they weren't quite as intricate or detailed as everyone else's things, i attribute it to being a new crafter and everyone needs to start somewhere!! i certainly didn't dismiss them as being a bad crafter!! geeze, i bet some of my first swaps were viewd as 'not nice enough'! we all have to start somewhere!!

thanks again for everything you are doing for this site and us!!

angie

{click above for my craft blog!}

Ok, this is ment to be nice, so if it comes out all wrong please give me some slack:
    On the issue of work not being up to snuff or whatever I think that's crazy for a hostess to send it back. I have gotten a card or two that were not as fancy or advanced as the other cards in the swap and I always think, "Awesome, this person is learning and trying and they are going to get this whole set of fancier cards to inspire them" Now maybe sometimes I'm wrong, it could just be a matter of taste too, Some people might just like a simpler card and that's fine...

My point is that the whole idea of swapping I thought was not to collect awesome cards but to have fun and inspire each other and create bonds with our fellow crafters all over! So I would be shocked to hear that someone returned stuff because it wasn't good enough. Although I have heard about it on another board...

OH and I love to swap with international people, when else do I get mail from other countries?

Sherry, I am so excited for this to be up and running! I love seeing everyone's work, no matter what level.

I think what some hostesses/swappers forget is that the first time they made something, it wasn't perfect! You have to start somewhere! I remember a few weeks back where Chelsea said some other swappers were weary of her swapping because she is so young!!! The fact that people even say such things is crazy to me. So come one, come all!

Julie
    Julie

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps
    Sounds like this is going to be such a wonderful swap board.

I also remembering reading on another site about swaps being returned or someone grumbling because the cards weren't up to their standards and I always felt bad for the person's cards being returned. We've all been beginners at one time. Even now, after a few years of card-making under my belt, sometimes my cards stink.
    Michelle

I recently had a swap that

everyone followed the rules but one person... I wasn't sure what to do with her cards, but swapped them anyway because she tried... I added some cardstock to the first group of cards and think I added a whole card to the second group. There were 2 swaps.

One person wondered why one of the cards were not complete. I explained that I didn't think this person really understood the swap, but I would be happy to send her another card, which I did.

So as a hostess I really try to be fair and balanced to everyone, and it was really hard for me not to say something to the person who didn't complete their cards,, but I hoped by seeing what others made they would realize that their cards were not complete. I suppose if this kept happening I would have to say something. Let's hope she learned.

I am looking forward to your swap board.

Shirley:p

6. Love the rules!

I think this is great and it should make for some awesome swaps. I can't wait to get started. Thanks so much for all the hard work Sherry and Mark!

Linda

Swap Rules

Thanks Sherry for stating the Swap rules up front. They are very fair. Hopefully this will eliminate or at least reduce any potential problems.

I don't have alot of experience with swapping but I've always been very delighted with everyone's creations and learned alot from all the talented swappers. Looking forward to swapping on this board.

Love the new smilies too! :grin:

Sally

Sherry.....

I love your swapping rules too! I have not run into perfectionists (thank goodness because in the beginning my cards were not that great) but I have run into a few flakers. I think swaps are way fun and I can not wait for us to get started!

Catherine

lucy04kitties Guest View Member Photos

Smile I am glad to hear of the flaking rules!!

I have never experienced so many flakers as I have had recently on the other board!! I sometimes post for 9 spots in the hopes I will get 6 who will send their cards in and sometimes that has been a challenge. I appreciate all of the fabulous ladies who continually join my swaps but will welcome knowing that I won't have to worry about the continual flakers!!

Smiles,
    Vicki

+ Reply to Thread