+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shack Santa is ready for ordering

Sherri, I ordered my Santa. You are calculating the rates wrong. According to paypal, the US $ is worth less than the canadian $. Meaning that at today's rate, US orders would cost more than the canadian orders.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

2. Placed my orders for both Farm Faces and Shack Santa. Can't wait to get them. Thanks, Sherry.

Quote Originally Posted by midnitecreations View Post
    Sherri, I ordered my Santa. You are calculating the rates wrong. According to paypal, the US $ is worth less than the canadian $. Meaning that at today's rate, US orders would cost more than the canadian orders.
    This what the PayPal message says today:

PayPal Conversion Rate as of Sep. 27, 2007: 1 U.S. Dollar = 0.975488 Canadian Dollars.

How is that saying the US dollar is worth less?

o.k. let me try to explain this better. If you give the bank $1 USA and ask for Canadian money in exchange, you'll only get back .975... So basically, for a change, we here in the US have to pay more for Canadian goods. Usually, when we exchange a US $1 for Canadian, we get back about $1.4 in return. Hope this makes more sense.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

wow l just mailed my order in can't wait, but l will have to get busy cleaning l have no place to make my cards right now, my hb had his dads things all over here what a mess

6. I just placed my order too for the Santa and Farm Faces....Im so excited...Ive been waiting for those!
    My order came out exactly as it should....$13.92 CAD and $14something US.
    But then I added Farm Faces and of course it went up higher

Quote Originally Posted by midnitecreations View Post
    o.k. let me try to explain this better. If you give the bank $1 USA and ask for Canadian money in exchange, you'll only get back .975... So basically, for a change, we here in the US have to pay more for Canadian goods. Usually, when we exchange a US $1 for Canadian, we get back about $1.4 in return. Hope this makes more sense.
    OMG! The lightbulb just came on, and I'm an idiot! Of course, you are right. I just couldn't get my head around it. And wow, I think this is the first time I can ever remember that the Canadian dollar was stronger than the USD. I'm off to place my order.

8. Quote Originally Posted by midnitecreations View Post
    Yes, you are absolutely correct. I checked the exchange rates today and the Canadian dollar IS stronger than the US dollar right now. I never would have believed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Yes, you are absolutely correct. I checked the exchange rates today and the Canadian dollar IS stronger than the US dollar right now. I never would have believed it.
    Sorry to cause a rukus, Sherry! I even emailed PayPal about it. Of course, I haven't heard from them yet, but now I have to tell them I'm an idiot too!

+ Reply to Thread