+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Love all your technique challenge cards

Love all your technique challenge cards

I'm here at work playing with this technique but I don't like the way it comes out using the spots (which is the only ink I have with me).. I'll keep trying

update for ya'll cuz I know you are wondering (aren't you?)!
    I decided I don't like the ink because it's too dark when I go DTP - and I'm using the lightest colors I have (SS from Stampin Up). I'm going to stamp my big image on it anyway and see how that looks.

stay tuned!

I initially was going to use these small stamps *michaels $1 clear stamps very cute but I think they will not be dramatic enough with the technique. Luckily I have the SU Bon Appetit set with me and I'm using that. I know it's not *fabulous* but I'll post it anyway when I get home.

I'm thinking about trying chalk inks only next...
    and maybe on watercolor paper...

DH sent me to the store for a new paper trimmer and now that i have re-organized my table to hold it i have a little time to play this afternoon...
    ~Stacy

My Blog

I tried chalks and found they were too opaque for my taste, but maybe they would work with lighter colors. I really liked using distress inks for this and just tapped lightly, so it was a soft effect. I love the technique and think I'm using it to make my card swap club cards for this month.

this is my teeny tiny cats eye chalk ink direct to watercolor expiriment... ( some of them are almost out of ink...)
    http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/sho...hp?photo=11280
    ~Stacy

My Blog

Awesome! I love the cats eye pads. I was trying full size chalks. This is so much better.

+ Reply to Thread