+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Edible stamping ink?

1. Question Edible stamping ink?

Hey Erin or anyone else who knows....

Is there such a thing as edible ink? I saw some great iced cookies in a catalog and they had sentiments on them that were not piped, so I'm guessing there must be some edible ink out there...? Do you know what it's called and where to get it? Does it come in colors or what? Can you make your own ink from Wilton's color paste on a piece of foam or ??

Can you tell I don't feel like working today?

They sell markers with edible ink in with the cake decorating stuff. I guess that would work.

Sweet Stampin is the home of cookie stamping.

http://www.sweetstampen.com/
    Mary

I've actually made a stamp pad out of paper towel and food colouring and then used my rubber stamps to stamp on icing paper. It turned out pretty neat! I used a brand new stamp to do it and washed it well with soap and water beforehand. The food colouring does stamp the stamp somewhat though.

5. Wow, thanks ladies. You're all awesome.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I've actually made a stamp pad out of paper towel and food colouring and then used my rubber stamps to stamp on icing paper. It turned out pretty neat! I used a brand new stamp to do it and washed it well with soap and water beforehand. The food colouring does stamp the stamp somewhat though.
    My neighbor also did this with food coloring. She made cookies and packaged them, the tag and the cookies had the same image... it was really neat.
    Jovita
    Inky Impressions ~ my blog

I'd heard of sweet stamping and that food color trick.

I've not done either though.

8. What a great idea - TFS.
    Teresa

SweetStampen Guest View Member Photos
    Hi Guys,

Here's the deal with stamping on food: All rubber is NOT food safe. Most of it is nothing you want near your food. The clear stamps are the worst of all. You also do not want wood and cushion touching food. It cannot be sterilized.

Our chef got arrested using the wrong rubber! The FDA helped us find the rubber we use.

We also have manufactured for us a food color that will not ruin a stamp pad...Most has too much sugar. It dries out within 24 hours and that pad is useless.

We do business with restaurants and bakeries around the world. When these professional want to stamp on food safely, they come to us.

Please be safe out there. And more importantly, don't sue us if you get someone sick.

We answer hundreds of emails a day! If you have questions about the right way to do this, please contact us!

10. Oh wow, I didn't know that about using the stamps on food. I figured if I used a new stamp it would be ok, but I guess not. That was good information. I think I'll pass on making my own stamped edibles, and leave it to the pro's.

+ Reply to Thread