+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RAK-Thank you for the lovely cards

1. RAK-Thank you for the lovely cards

I wanted to say a huge thanks for the many Christmas cards I have received this season from so many shackies. My tradition is to display all the cards on my pantry door so I can look at them as I work on crafts at the table. Our mail seems to be very slow this year so I will wait a few more days to post a picture but I did want everyone to know you have added a smiles to my work!

Happy solstice my friends! Yesterday things got busy here and I didn’t get to post but we had a celebration downtown last night with sales in the stores, Christmas music, horse drawn sleigh rides and fireworks! Thankfully we had a huge warming spell from the day before when it was-43 °F / -41 °C ---yes, that’s below zero!. While we added 23 seconds of daylight today to our 3 hours and 41 minutes (sunrise10:58 AM to 2:40 PM sunset) we know that in just a few weeks we will be adding several minutes each day! Best of all we know we are now officially on our way to summer 2008!

Thanks again for remembering me with such beautiful Christmas cards and
    A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all!
    …Jan

A friend's veiw of solstice sunrise...
    Last edited by Far North; 11-22-2008 at 02:10 AM.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    What a beautiful sunrise!!! Thanks for sharing the picture with us. I hope you stay warm!!!BRRRRRR~

3. I was cold till I read it was -43 degrees there. I would not survive in that!! HA HA
    The Shackretary

Happy solstice. You sure do have a short day up there. Today, my friend and I went bike riding on the beach path. Yesterday, I walked on the beach and earlier this week I ran on the beach. I can't imagine how different things are for you up there. Thanks for sharing that gorgeous picture.
    Heather

We Grow By Our Dreams (my blog)
    Grow Home (my Etsy store where I sell vintage stuff)

Oh Jan, that sunrise is amazing. It makes me feel so peaceful.

6. Jan, I share your joy in knowing that summer 2008 is now on it's way. I start tracking sunrise and sunset times from here on in, just to make me feel better, and, besides, I've not much else to do and it keeps me busy.

Glad you like the cards. Mine make me happy, too!

7. Beautiful and breathtaking!! It certainly makes a person stop and be thankful for the little things in life.

Thank you for sharing a piece of your world with us, Jan.

+ Reply to Thread