+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ok, sell me on the Copic markers ...

1. Ok, sell me on the Copic markers ...

I don't mean literally to sell me yours but to convince me to buy them. Now I have had my SU markers for 5 years now but some of them are starting to dry out, i have them standing on their sides and i am having to replace a few of them here and there. I tried using my reinkers on them, but it didn't work so i replaced like 5 of them so far. I love my SU markers because they match my SU paper. But with that being said, i hate how you can see the lines when you try and color. I find myself coloring over and over the same spot so you can't see the lines then it gets too dark.

Am I making any sense here?

So tell me why you love your Copics ... I am ready to listen now (I wasn't before because I was in love with my SU markers! HA HA)

And what is a good price on these? Singly they are $5.69 EACH at HL. WOW, that is ridiculous....
    The Shackretary

First of all, you had a great idea -- buy 5 or 6 of them and play with them.

Secondly, I understand the HL has coupons -- use one a week and buy them over time!

There is a site that someone recommended that has them cheaper than $5.69. I bought mine at an art supply store and paid full price for some of them and got some of them on sale. I have about a dozen of them now -- hopefully will double that number in the next few months!

One of my favorites about these pens? The paper doesn't pill up. I used some of my Tombow pens recently and forgot how the paper can pill. YUCK!

I am learning how to blend the Copics better -- and today I got some great advice from some of the blogs. I'm going to play with the Copics over the weekend.

The colors are really intense -- even the light pastel colors -- and I LOVE that. And I love going back and adding shading and texture with my Prisma pencils.

Is that enough?

I have to say and I know I am going to be alone in this...I got 2 copic markers today since they are 30% off of $5.89....I do not see a HUGE difference between them and Prismacolor markers- I actually like my prismacolors better since I like the small tip on them!

Like Nancy I like to you my prismacolored pencils with mine!
    Hugs,

You are special. Never stop believing that.

My Blog

Sherry, I also own the SU markers. I don't watercolor well, and I think the SU markers are designed mostly to give you that 'watercolor' look. I will keep my SU markers and continue to work on getting better at watercoloring, so I wouldn't consider getting rid of them.

I really like the COPIC markers because of

1) Their vibrancy. Just honest-to-goodness colors that really pop. Even the pastel colors.

2) I LOVE how there are no 'coloring lines' (those harsh lines that you often see when you color with markers or coloring pencils).

3) They are refillable. If your ink dries out, you can refill them.

4) I like how they are alcohol-ink based, which means you can color on plastic-like surfaces.

5) I like how the colors can be blended into one another effortlessly.

6) I can use my 40% off coupon at HL to buy them individually (it works out to about $3.80 / marker). Dick Blck.com carries them for about $4.60 per marker.

I've never used Prisma markers. My Sketch COPIC markers are dual tip (chisel and brush tip). I like the method some people use with the chisel tip. They lay some color down on a piece of transperancy, pick it up with the brush end of another marker of a lighter shade, and then use the two colors to blend in the lines. I think once you try a couple of markers you'll discover if you'll like them or not. I was hooked from the moment I played with them at the store.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

5. Sherri, the guy who sold most of us our Dahle cutters also sells Copic markers at a really reasonable price. I just got Set A from him today at $106.65. Here's the link. I hate waiting for things, too!

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Oozak-...44QQsubmit.yZ8

ABeatty Guest View Member Photos
    Don't feel locked in as it's also possible to customize the pens, since they offer removable/replacable nibs. You could make a pen with a brush tip also have a fine tip simply by purchasing a package of fine nibs, for example. (I have yet to do this myself, but it was one of the factors that tipped the scales and had me spend so much to get these pens. REALLY enjoy them!)

+ Reply to Thread