+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This may be a dumb question...

Hybrid View

Red face This may be a dumb question...

I'm looking for different ways to ink the edges of a project. I've used sponges before & crumpled up plastc wrap. Of course I've used the ink pad itself. Any other ideas???

lbakerc42 Guest View Member Photos
    I chalk a lot of my edges when I use things on a scrapbook page.

3. A couple more ideas:

You can emboss the edges. Just "ink" the edges with either versamark or with embossing ink and then sprinkle with embossing powder of your choice, tap off excess and heat. This takes a bit of time (and occasionally burned fingers) but it is really pretty.

Also, there are some wonderful metalic pens that edge beautifully. My favourite one to use also has a knife tip so that I can edge my paper in gold (or whatever colour you have) as well as trim. This pen is made called "Color Cutter" and it cuts as you draw.

Just a couple additional thoughts besides the ones mentioned above.

Jennifer

My blog

Jennifer

I have seen the color cutter at a demo and the demonstrator had a very hard time with it so I never bought it. Do you like using it and has it cut nicely for you?
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

5. I have never had a problem with mine and, in fact, like it very much. I've heard a lot of people complain about them but I don't know why. Mine works very well, inks very well and as long as you are using a metal straight edge to guide you then it cuts very well too.
    Jennifer

My blog

lost luggage Guest View Member Photos

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by inkinupstamps View Post
    You can emboss the edges. Just "ink" the edges with either versamark or with embossing ink and then sprinkle with embossing powder of your choice, tap off excess and heat. This takes a bit of time (and occasionally burned fingers) but it is really pretty.

SORRY! Sorry to step on you there...I flaked out and didn't see that you mentioned my idea already.. pardon me! :o How embarassing..

nsbirdy Guest View Member Photos
    Always remember ... there are no dumb questions. If we don't ask, we don't learn.

lost luggage Guest View Member Photos

chalk

I don't like using my chalk. We have not "bonded". (I used to dread embossing, but now I love it)

You can emboss your edges if you use a ruler to line them with a versamark pen.. I like doing that this week...lol

Do you guys always use a sealant with your chalk? I find it gets all over my hands when I handle the paper...

Such great ideas! I had never thought to emboss the edges....I had better try that!
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"] What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :twitcy:[/COLOR]

Big Sky Country, By the Lake and the Mountains

There is never a dumb question...

or a dumb idea.
    The other day I used an old toothbrush to put ink on the edges of a card. It turned out to create a very soft look to the edges.

+ Reply to Thread