+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shackapalooza Suggestion

1. Question Shackapalooza Suggestion

Does anyone going to Shackapolooza know how to do quilling? I would really love to learn how to this. It is such a neat & unique technique that I would love to try on my cards, but I don't have the slightest clue where to begin. I think this is one of those techniques where it is better to be shown how to do it, rather than try to teach yourself. Thought Shackapalooza would be a great opportunity to learn how to do this if someone going knows how to do it who could teach us. Would this make a good shoebox swap or an idea station?

Just a thought, as I browse through the March 2008 issue of Cardmaker magazine where they have the cutest Christmas card--a strand of Christmas lights--4 quilled bulbs, each a different color along a quilled green electrical cord & a the sentiment "May your days be merry & bright!" It is so simple & very cute! I'd really love to learn how to do this!
    Jennifer
    DT Member for DRS Designs
    My Blog: Ink N' Scrap Habits
    My March 2013 {Winning} Bingo Numbers: 6, 14, 19, 29, 47, 52, 63, 79, 84, 91

I think Robin may know how to do this. I know she has the "stuff" to. If she does not know how, she can bring the stuff and we can all learn together!!

That sounds like a great new technique to learn. Is it quilting? Or is quilling something different.
    Kim

Quilling is thin strips of paper sort of rolled/shaped into a desired shape. I don't know how to do it, my neighbor does I think. It is very pretty.

Kathy

5. Qulling is beautiful, I am sure it teadeous. I would love to learn this!

6. Oh me too! I have wanted to learn for a very long time. Great idea!
    Happy Crafting!

check out my blog : stamps scraps n more

7. Chris is right...I do have quilling papers and I think 2 tools,a measuring pad thingy. I also have a book dedicated to just quilling. I'll bring it along. :+)

+ Reply to Thread