+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coloring transparencies with alcohol ink

1. Coloring transparencies with alcohol ink

Clear Prima Paintables are the new pre-printed transparencies that Tami shared with us a few weeks back. But one can certainly stamp their own to make it card size. Here is a U tube tutorial on how to use blender fluid in a water brush for coloring with alcohol inks on the transparencies.

If you play while I am working please add a link here to your gallery post...thanks for sharing.

...Jan

That was so cool Jan. I never ever imagined painting with AI like that. I need another water brush just for blending solution

Thanks Jan, l saved it to look at tomorrow as its getting late..but can't wait to take a good look at it.
    Please Bear.. with me while l grow.

great link , Jan, Thanks a lot. Would I stamp with Stazon, if i wanted to make my own transparency? Would I colour on the inked side, or the back? This is really interesting.
    Sarah

5. Hmmm, looks like something else I need to buy: AI, blending solution & a water brush.

6. Yes, Sarah I am gonna try Stazon and coloring on the backside. Of course the good news of coloring on the backside is that you can color right over top of the lines without leaving gaps in the color or altering the color of the black lines.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Yes, Sarah I am gonna try Stazon and coloring on the backside. Of course the good news of coloring on the backside is that you can color right over top of the lines without leaving gaps in the color or altering the color of the black lines.
    This is a great tip. I think it would look better on the back because the black lines would stay black. Thanks for the link Jan and the great idea!!!

What a cool idea!! I might have to try that out this weekend!

Faith and trust all you need is pixie dust! -Tinkerbell

that is so cool.
    typed this one handed with a sleepin puppy in my lap
    ~Stacy

My Blog

+ Reply to Thread