+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A word about templates

1. A word about templates

Hey gals,

I was just doing some maintenance in the template database and all I can say is WOW!! There is some major downloading going on! Thanks for making our template database so popular.

Now, unfortunately, comes the bad news. Some users feel the need to be downloading 50-80 templates at a time and this is causing mega-huge bandwidth consumption. I'm not sure WHY users are downloading this many templates in one sitting as your memberships are good for an entire year. As a result, until things settle out a bit, I have had to place a TEMPORARY cap on the quantity of templates that a user can download in one day. This cap is currently set at 15 files per day. You can download 15 files today and then come back tomorrow and download another 15.

Please know that this is only temporary! I don't want us to use up our monthly bandwidth allowance in a matter of two weeks.

Also, I wanted to mention that I have begun uploading all of the templates from my old Ink Stains website. This site no longer exists and I thought it would be a total shame to have all of my hard work evaporate into nothingness. I will upload a few at a time over the next few days.

very strange! Must be newbies who don't know!
    I see we have had quite a few in the last month or so.
    Sarah

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    Holy Smokes Batman! That's alot of templates in one day! I would run out of printer ink!!!

4. Oh my ....In 12 months I have only uploaded 3..... so 50-80 in one day the mind boggles !!

5. 80 in 1 day??!? WOW!!

I wouldn't know what to do with 80. lol
    The Shackretary

6. I think perhaps users are just trying to get the templates downloaded onto their hard drive before their memberships expire?? I dunno.

7. WOW that's a lot of templates being downloaded

Thanks Sherry
    Jovita
    Inky Impressions ~ my blog

Thats alot of downloading. Glinda

Yippee, I loved those templates that you made and stayed on Ink Stains. I'm glad you're able to recapture them and put them on this website.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

10. I think it's a great idea to put a limit on the number of downloads per day. Also look forward to seeing the new things from your previous website. Thanks for everything!!!

+ Reply to Thread