+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shackapalooza - I have made an observation ...

1. Shackapalooza - I have made an observation ...

Ok, I know I am not going to this in May but I have been reading alot of the posts (you know I can't miss anything that goes on here!) and I am just curious about something ... you have alot planned for these 2 days. Does anyone (besides me?) think it may be too much to get this all done in the 2 days while you're there? What if someone wants to bring their own things to work on? Is everyone going HAVE TO participate in everything that is going on while you're there? It just seems a bit overwhelming to me and I am not even going so I just wanted to put this idea out there for those of you who are going...
    The Shackretary

I don't feel that the agenda is overwhelming. I think everyone is just throwing ideas out there. Whoever wants to participate does, and whoever doesn't won't. I'm going with supplies and I hope to get more helpful creative ideas while I there. The group going is alot more creative then me. it will be fun, plus I'll get to meet the friends who I have chatted with only on the net.
    Kim

Ahhh. Sounds like somebody wishes she was joining us! I wish that you were joining us! I'm sure I won't get done 1/2 of what I plan to do, but that's ok. The shoebox idea is great because the projects are already figured out. The stamping get together that I went to a couple of weeks ago was a total wash-out as far as accomplishing anything (Still had a great time!) -- I felt like I was packing up my whole car -- but then I didn't bring any white card stock to stamp on and I was totally uninspired with what I brought. I hope I learned something from that!

4. I am just excited to meet some shackies! I also have trouble getting things done at crops, it think I just enjoy chatting and seeing what everyone else is doing. I don't remember how long we get to crop each day but I can't wait! I think the shoebox swap sounds fun too. I am just trying to figure out what I am going to do. The games sound fun too! I can't wait
    Happy Crafting!

check out my blog : stamps scraps n more

5. well....I have to admit that I have been a little overwhelmed. BUT, I've been overwhelmed lately by life in general, so maybe it's just me. I hope nobody gets mad at me if I forget to bring something or if I forget to do something I'm supposed to. As it stands right now, I'll be lucky just to get myself in the car and get there! I am definitely planning on bringing my own stuff to work on, because I never get to do that at home. That's the one thing I was really looking forward to about this trip....was being able to just get some things done. I will be hanging out in the conference room with Chris most of the time I think!

Traci
    Traci

6. No one will get mad at you! we are all going to have fun! I know what you mean about being overwhelmed. I already started writing down things for Shackapalooza when I think of something I want to bring or ideas I might want to try. Isn't that silly? Now I just need to put all my little notes in a notebook so I don't forget where I put the notes of stuff to remember. Ha ha ha...
    Happy Crafting!

7. You will all have a blast. There is nothing better than getting to meet the people from The Shack. I wish I was going, but just can't make it right now.

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)
    I know at MOA I ended up bringing alot of the 'projects' back home with me. But it was still fun to have them and finish what I did get done there. Most fun was meeting the people and getting to know the 'real' person (sort of--I didn't get to room with them at the hotel!)
    --Lidia

9. I feel a bit overwhelmed myself 'cause I have never been to anything like this. So, I'll just do what I can do and see how it all goes.

10. inkisallover, don't get too overwhelmed. If you forget anything I am sure someone there has something you can borrow Just look forward to cropping and chatting with a bunch of crafty ladies! I am really hoping to learn some new stuff. Nancy said she is going to get me hooked on ATC's
    Happy Crafting!

+ Reply to Thread