+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A mystery challenge begins today!!!

1. A mystery challenge begins today!!!

The Creative Team will now be sharing a "mystery" challenge topic with you on the 3rd Friday of each month. This month's challenge of Shaped Cards is now posted in the Creative Corner. And huge thanks to Sherry for adding 2 new download templates for shaped cards. They are our typical card size.

Come join the CT in filling the gallery with lots of spring time shaped cards!!
    If you have any questions you can certainly post them here or send us a PM.
    Also you are welcome to add a link to your gallery post here.
    Happy Stampin'!

I have a question- do they have to be springtime shaped? or can they be anything at all as long as they are shaped cards. I have some great shaped templates, including handbags, winebottles, Christmas Crackers, saws, ties etc all sorts of things
    Sarah

3. Sarah--yes, truly the challenge is for any shaped card.

It's just that many of us in the northern hemisphere are aching for some pretty spring time weather to arrive and are trying everything to make us feel like it is around the corner. I know that is not the case with our southern hemisphere friends so please whatever shape fancies your creative spirit! Please Sarah share a little information....The day Easter is celebrated is based on the spring equinox--so is your Easter this weekend too? Do you use springtime themes along with Easter celebrations?

I bet you have a great shaped card surprise in store for us! Thanks for asking...and I'll be checking the gallery after work!...Jan

Yes,in Australia, we celebrate Easter the same time as all Christian countries. Much of the marketing of Easter products has a springtime theme, for example chicks and bunnies, but in the past few years there has been a push to replace the "bunny" with an Easter Bilby. This is because rabbits are an introduced pest in Australia, not a native animal- destroying crops and the habitats of some native wildlife. you can read about the bilby HERE
    Sarah

Jan, thanks for this challenge. Where are the templates at? I looked in the Creative Section as well as the Template Section and did not see them. TIA Glinda

6. Sounds like fun.

Technique Junkie Turbo Team Member

My Blog

Odd Bird Planet Design Team

7. Glinda-The bunny and egg templates can be found in the downloads user contributions.
    The simply way to find is to click on the one you want on the home page and it will take you to the page to accept the terms of use...the after you say yes the proper template will be right there...have fun!

Thanks Sarah for the info on the holiday!...I will go look at your link.

Thanks Jan. Hope to make some of these for the grandkids today. Glinda

9. I saw the mystery challenge this morning and I thought "oh how cool!" I wondered if it was something new, or if I had just never noticed a mystery challenge before.

I've been really bad about keeping up with the challenges, need to do some!

Is there any way to put a "sticky" or "announcement" thread listing the current challenges that will STAY at the top of the page so that when we click "new posts" we see it every time? I'm wondering if more people (like me LOL) would participate more if it was in their face, so to speak, as a reminder.

Thanks Jan l think this is going to be sooo much fun.l can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.. mmm now l'll have to do some thinking.
    Please Bear.. with me while l grow.

+ Reply to Thread