+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blogging and submitting to mags

So long as there is a stamped "something" on the card or project, you are good to go. It doesn't have to be a stamped focal image. It can be part of the background or embellishment.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

I post just about everything I make to my blog...as long as I remember to do it (lol)

If any get published, I DO take them off major card making websites (ie twoPeas etc), but I leave them on my blog.

I look at it like this: if a mag has a circ of, say, 100,000 , i KNOW there aren't 100,000 crafters who visit my blog (lol), so I just don't worry about it.

Now if a blog gets the kind of traffic that Godelieve's does, for example (350,000 hits and counting!), THEN I think I might remove it till it was published. But mine's just an eeensie weensie thing.

So unless a blog gets that kind of attention, I'd go against popular opinion and say...post away!

Oh! And I never worry about posting things here at the Shack. I don't think many mag editors would pay the membership fee to see what we're doing (lol), so this feels like a really safe place to post anything/everything we're thinking of submitting!

I missed seeing your card, rats!! Bet it was fabulous!

+ Reply to Thread