+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plum Tomato Cabbage Soup - 0 points

1. Plum Tomato Cabbage Soup - 0 points

Plum Tomato Cabbage Soup

(1/5th recipe: 36 calories/ 0g fat/ 480mg sodium/ 7.5g carbs/ 1.5g fiber/ 5g sugars/ 1.5g protein = 0 Points!)

With our optional ingredients, you can customize this soup to satisfy your taste buds. Make it hot ‘n sweet (with SPLENDA & FRANK'S RedHot), garlicky (TABASCO Garlic and/or garlic salt), or sweet ‘n mild (SPLENDA). Any way you serve this soup, it’s zero Points per serving!

Ingredients:

6 plum tomatoes; chopped

4 cups fat-free vegetable broth

2 cups chopped green cabbage

*Optional ingredients: salt, pepper, SPLENDA, FRANK'S RedHot, TABASCO Pepper Sauce (Garlic or original), garlic salt

In a large pot sprayed with nonstick spray, place chopped tomatoes along with any juice and seeds. Cook over medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and cabbage, and raise heat to high. Once soup reaches a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Allow soup to simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and any of the other optional ingredients. Enjoy! Makes 5 generous 1-cup servings.

Be creative… Adding an ounce of raisins or a package of (drained, rinsed, & cut) Tofu Shirataki noodles to the recipe only bumps it up to 1 Point! Mmmmmm…

1/5th recipe with raisins: 53 calories/ 0g fat/ 480mg sodium/ 12g carbs/ 2g fiber/ 8g sugars/ 1.75g protein = 1 Point

1/5th recipe with noodles: 44 calories/ 0.4g fat/ 485mg sodium/ 9g carbs/ 3g fiber/ 5g sugars/ 2g protein = 1 Point
    The Shackretary

Cool Ok...im gonna need to know???

If you have tried it yet? I think ill wait until you have made the soup and like it before I give it a try. The garlicky one sounds more like me, so LMK!
    TONii
    Tuba THE GREAT!

3. No I have not tried this one yet and not sure i will. HA I don't care for alot of the ingredients in this one so someone else needs to be the guinea pig on this one.
    The Shackretary

4. I don't know if I'm big on cabbage........ LOL

Traci

5. I would think all that cabbage in 1 meal would "clean a person out" so to speak. HA HA
    The Shackretary

+ Reply to Thread