+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What the heck!??!! Did you see this card selling on ebay?

1. I'm skeptical too only because just two days ago I was looking for a Sonic Gamecube game on ebay for DS. I found one lot that had a game cube system with 7 games and it was up over $1,000!!! I looked at the bidding history and it was the SAME situation as this card! They were ALL names like e***l or a***n and the last five bids were all by the same user name. I thought what's with all the asteriks! And then when I saw the same thing in the bidding history on this card, I wondered if ebay was removing parts of the user names to keep things private or something. But I don't really think so. Just really weird with all the asterik user names bidding things up so high. Even though the cards and the video games aren't even remotely related. Just fishy, that's all!

And BTW, I would never pay $16 for a handmade card NOR would I accept $16 for any of mine with a clear conscience!

2. Info I've learned thru eBay: IDs of bidders are not given until the auction is over. The IDs are just the first & last letter & *** in the middle. Also, when you put in your max bid (ie $25 for this card), anytime some bid LESS than your max, it shows that YOU out-bid yourself. Does this make sense??

Having said all that, anytime a handcrafted item goes for an exorbitant amount, I think something is fishy. Who knows. I had a friend who's niece had auction that was about to end for a tiny amount. She had her aunt outbid the higher bidder so she didn't have to sell it for a smaller amount. These were nice people, not scamers.

3. I knew about the max. bid thing but I didn't know about the *** thing. It's actually a good idea!!! I just never really looked at bid history before, LOL.

Anyway, I guess I can see why people do that - have someone outbid to an amount that people probably wouldn't pay, just so they didn't have to sell it so cheap. And I actually told DS that about the gamecube thing - maybe they decided not to sell it and they did the bidding themselves. I guess there are loopholes in every system LOL!

This other one is up to $20 already and it has several days left. http://cgi.ebay.com/Mouse-Tea-Bath-c...QQcmdZViewItem

5. I obviously need to quit work and sell cards if she can get this much. LOL

thats quite cheap compared to the one i saw around valentines day that was going for around £1000 english pounds..

sue

7. That is absolutely incredible that someone would bid that high on one card. I have tried to sell my hand stitched ones on ebay (5 for $5) and no one even bid. I don't understand sometimes. Oh well, I hope the card is worth it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by IMBlessed5 View Post
    I'm skeptical too only because just two days ago I was looking for a Sonic Gamecube game on ebay for DS. I found one lot that had a game cube system with 7 games and it was up over $1,000!!! I looked at the bidding history and it was the SAME situation as this card! They were ALL names like e***l or a***n and the last five bids were all by the same user name. I thought what's with all the asteriks! And then when I saw the same thing in the bidding history on this card, I wondered if ebay was removing parts of the user names to keep things private or something. But I don't really think so. Just really weird with all the asterik user names bidding things up so high. Even though the cards and the video games aren't even remotely related. Just fishy, that's all!

And BTW, I would never pay $16 for a handmade card NOR would I accept $16 for any of mine with a clear conscience!
    Ebay is now using e**** to protect the bidders name. and if you see the same bidder 5 times in a row, then it means they upped their bid to make sure they got it. I know this for a fact because it just started about a month ago and Ebay PM'd me that this was going to happen. It isn't fishy at all so do not be afraid of bidding. It is for your own protection. Jennifer

9. I think it's great that a handmade item can sell for so much. It shows that they're getting compensated for their time and creativity. I sell handmade scrapbooking items on ebay and I've noticed that certain bidders just gravitate to certain sellers. I have also noticed that many of these bidders simply do not like to lose and that's what drives up the price of these items.

10. I don't get it. One card is now displaying $20. Are they crazy?

Technique Junkie Turbo Team Member

My Blog

Odd Bird Planet Design Team

+ Reply to Thread