+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I store Stazon pads??

1. How do I store Stazon pads??

I just got some new Stazon pads. Do they go upside down? After I bought them, I put them upside down in my closet. I went to use them yesterday and they are VERY WET!!! Too wet to use in my opinion. Should I store them right side up or upside down? Or should I store them right side up for now & then, as they get older, turn them upside down??

And what about the Opaque inks? I bought a white & inked it up yesterday. How should I store it? And why doesn't it work on light colored paper?? I thought it would & am more than a little disappointed that it didn't.

2. All I know is you are not supposed to throw away the plastic insert inside. I did and didn't know to keep them. I do store all my ink pads upside down.
    The Shackretary

3. Stazon should be stored ink side up. Those crazy plastic liners are to be kept like Sherri said but I have attached them to the inside of the lids with a large glue dots so I don't have to fumble with them. Here is how I attach the liner- Remove lid from pad, place glue dot on inside center, close lid on top of plastic liner-bingo it is attached and lined up perfectly!

thanks for asking that question Suzi, I had always wondered that...

and thanks for the tip Far North off to find my sticky dots know....

sue

I store dye pads ( hard pads down)
    and pigment, solvent, chalk inks up.

hth,
    ~Stacy

My Blog

6. I did save my liner. Except for one brilliance pad that didn't SAY to save the liner. I hope that pad will not be dry!

So, I'm ok storing them rightside up! Good. They were to gooey to use!

I threw out the plastic line on my first Staz On pad too, and I ended up having to buy another pad. I love the glue dot idea, Jan, thanks! I hate fumbling with those things. I love this place.....we have the most talented, ingenious people around here, it is a pleasure to hang out with you all.

8. Gosh, am I not supposed to be storing ALL my ink pads upside down? Geez, I have been doing it wrong all these years.
    The Shackretary

I love the glue dot idea too Jan,

Sherri, I think it partially depends on the humidity where you live and how often you re-ink the pads...

some of my really old chalk inks the stampa rosa fresco ones, I'm starting to leave upside down and i am re-inking them each time i use them now... maybe over time the chalk does something funny to them. the reinker bottles are completely separated and take a lot of shaking to mix and reuse.?
    ~Stacy

My Blog

10. Re-ink my ink pads? I have only had to re-ink my SU pads. Never any others. I have had them for YEARS but I don't use them as much as I do my SU pads either.
    The Shackretary

+ Reply to Thread