+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CC8 Color Combo Challenge April 2008

1. CC8 Color Combo Challenge April 2008

This is an temporary thread, Sherry will be moving this thread to the CT board after her vacation. so, if you have any comments or Questions please start a new thread within the color combo challenge board ok? THANKS!

The April (CC8) Color Challenge:

Color challenges are tons fun and can be as complex or simple as you desire. The object is to only use the defined colors in your card. The Project can be of anything you like card, atc, altered item, as long as part of it is stamped.

Neutrals: Black, White, cream, Pale Green ( I have the firm belief that green is a neutral color as there is a shade of green that will go with anything you can think to pair it up with) so, let's see how that translates for you.

Sample card:

This card is A-2 in size. the slip image is from Stampin'Up! ( Laundry notes retired set) its stamped with versafine onyx black ink on Georgia pacific 110 cardstock and colored with Prisma Pencils. The Black and cream check pp is from K&Co. the Lace is unknown. The pale green textured cardstock is unknown, the black textured cardstock is Bazzill. The Cardbase is DCWV.

Posting In The Gallery
    Closes Closes Sunday May 4th - 8 am PST

When you post your card in the gallery remember to place it in the Creative Team Color Challenges Album and please begin your title with CC8 or add CC8 to your keywords. Each member who posts in this manner will be placed into a random drawing for selection as this month's Featured Stamp Artist for the color challenge.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this color combo please post a message in the CT Challenges Forum or send me a PM.

~Stacy {JBgreendawn}
    Last edited by loobylou; 04-11-2008 at 03:05 AM.

Thanks Stacy. I want to try to play with the challenge this weekend. I always have lots of subtle colours that come in packs and I hardly use them. (My Mum says I am about as subtle as a sledgehammer! isn't she mean?)
    I love black and cream together so this may be the push I need.

Can you please clarify- is the color challenge for "any neutrals" or specifically, black, white/cream and pale green?
    Thanks
    Sarah

ooohhhh.....I love this color combo! I am DEFINITELY going to put my thinking cap on and try my had at this, over the weekend.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

Hi Sarah,
    I was thinking use green as part of your neutrals. so, if you went tan and black and green or cream and black and green that works.
    ( I'm easy) i just tossed in the white because i had stamped the slip on white...
    ~Stacy

My Blog

Thanks for clarifying Stacy. I'll get on it this weekend
    Sarah

I just posted my sample for this colour challenge in the gallery.
    Thanks Stacy. it was fun to use green for a change
    Sarah

7. Re: CC8 Color Combo Challenge April 2008

I love this card .... haven't ever participated in a challenge here before but seems like there is no better time than to start now. Can't wait to get back home from work tonight and make something up
    Susan
    <*)))>< God never ignores Knee-mail! ><(((*>

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Re: CC8 Color Combo Challenge April 2008

This is a realy old post--from 2008--but you're welcome to create away, regardless!
    --Lidia

9. Re: CC8 Color Combo Challenge April 2008

OMGosh, I must have still been asleep!!!! How funny NOT
    Susan
    <*)))>< God never ignores Knee-mail! ><(((*>

+ Reply to Thread