+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to our new featured artist

1. Congratulations to our new featured artist

While Sherry is on vacation the creative team can not post in the Creative Corner here is the feature artist from last month's Mystery Challenge of shaped cards and her stamping story----

Featured Artist Award - Mystery Challenge

Attachment 3969Ctinyjoy {Cheri}
    Attachment 3970I began my card-making hobby a little over 4 years ago. I went to M’s and saw a sample using The Card Connection embellishments. I bought the supplies and totally cased the card. I went back a few days later and bought more supplies and their coordinating idea book. A few months later while visiting my sister she suggested I try adding rubber stamping on my cards. I reluctantly had her show me a few tips and that sparked my curiosity. This began my obsession with stamps. I would haul out my one tote every Friday night and create all weekend (in between housecleaning). Eventually the family grew tired of my living room set-up and we created my own area in the house.

I am blessed with two very unique rubber stamp stores not far from my house. Both owners are wonderful ladies who are extremely talented and creative. I love taking classes and sign up for as many as I can handle with my schedule. Last year I joined SU as a hobby demo to have fun with my friends. I enjoy swapping and sharing ideas/techniques. My co-workers also encourage my hobby and I enjoy making holiday gifts for them. Last year the Finance Director came to work one day with a coupon for a new store that was opening near his home. Sadly, it didn’t stay open very long but he was a great enabler.

The Stamp Shack is a wonderful group of ladies who are supportive, caring and nurturing and I am very glad I am a part of it!
    Last edited by Far North; 11-22-2008 at 02:10 AM.

2. Congratulations Cheri!

I am so happy for you! I have enjoyed watching your card making for many years and it fun reading your story! Thanks so much for playing the challenges!...Jan

3. Congratulations!!!!

4. CONGRATULATIONS...WELL DONE ...look forward to seeing many more creations.

5. thanks for the honor of being the Mystery Challenge Artist for April.

Visit my blog here

Congratulations, Cherie~
    You're the best!
    Joanie

Way to go. Keep sharing youryour wonderful creations.

8. Sorry Cheri the door to the shack closed before many folks got to say Congratulations!

Cheri, we all know you are an awesome artist and very deserving of this. Congratulations and keep the inspiration coming for us.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

congrats Cheri!!!

way to go, girlfriend!

+ Reply to Thread