+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Surprise--for the new Mystery Challenges!

1. A Surprise--for the new Mystery Challenges!

The Creative Team is very excited to announce the beginning of a new twist in our monthly challenges. We have turned to some of the Shack’s previous Featured Artists to be guest artists over the next few months. We are thrilled that each one responded enthusiastically to being a guest artist. The mystery challenges on the third week of each month will be created by our Guest Artists. You will be see the work of:
    • teabear {Tami}
    • Grammastamper {Barb}
    • countrycowgirl {Donna}
    • IMBlessed {Vickie}
    • keltie {Heather}
    So let us give a round of applause to our team of Guest Artists and a warm welcome to our first Guest Artist, Tami! We hope you will join us in jumping into creating a project for this week’s challenge!

Mystery Challenge #1
    Felt

avatar.jpgGuest artist, Tami shares: I started out sewing when I was in kindergarten and have a love of all things fabric. I can't walk through a fabric store without touching everything. That's why I chose felt for this challenge; it has such wonderful tactile qualities. I hope everyone will enjoy playing with this non paper supply in their papercrafting projects.

The Challenge: use felt in a card/project

Attachment 3973Cut some felt, stamp on it, die cut it, cut it with scissors to make the base or and embellishment. You can even use pre made felt embellishments, just use felt in some way on your project. I used sparkly felt for both of these projects. It has more heft/weight than plain felt. I bought it at Michaels where the regular felt sheets are sold.

Attachment 3974For the tag I hand cut the base out of felt. I also stamped on it with white daisy CTMH ink. For the card I cut the felt ribbon with Fiskars pinking shears.

Challenge Dates: April 18 to May 11
    When you post your card in the gallery remember to place it in the Creative Team category and please begin your title with MC1. Each member who posts in this manner will be placed into a random drawing for selection as this month's Featured Stamp Artist for the technique challenge. If you have any questions or comments please post them in the Creative Team Forum.

Thanks for playing in this challenge!
    Last edited by Far North; 11-22-2008 at 02:09 AM.

2. Congratulations to all the Guest Artists!!! Can't wait to see the challenges you big to us over the next months!!

Tami thank you for the the first of the guest mystery challenge! Playing with felt will be lots of fun...I need to do check out my stash!

Many thanks!!!...Jan

3. This is a wonderful idea!! Congratulations ladies!!

YAY! for all of you!
    This is wonderful!
    Joanie

Oh, here's a question.....
    I already (recently) added a card to my gallery with felt...can I submit that for this challenge?
    Joanie

6. Well done ladies.....

7. Cool challenge Tami!

i have felt... wooohooo...

sizzix big red dies cut it right?
    ( i think i read that and never got around to testing it...)
    ~Stacy

My Blog

9. I thought I would bump this up since some folks might not have seen it before the shack door was closed on Friday. Can't wait to see what you are creating with felt!

how fun!!

congrats ladies!!!
    felt, huh?? ok, I'll dig some out, lol

+ Reply to Thread