+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cooking ??? Want to know about substituting...

Cooking ??? Want to know about substituting...

I'm making a chicken casserole for dinner and it calls for cream of mushroom soup but, my kids don't care for mushrooms so, can I use cream of chicken instead?? I thought about cream of celery but, the recipe already calls for 1 cup of diced celery so, I thought that might be too much. Whatcha think???

TIA!!
    Cathi

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    I always sub. cream of chicken for the cream of mushroom because I don't like the cream of mushroom either. So yes you can use the ceam of chicken instead. I wouldn't do the celery, I think it would be to strong and change the flavor to much.

3. yep. It might get a little salty with the extra Cream of Chicken soup. You might want to cut it with some sour cream. When I make chicken casserole, use 1 can cream of chicken, 1 can co mushroom, and 8 oz sour cream. I also add water chestnuts and orzo pasta. Yummy!

If I were going to get rid of the mushroom, I exchange it for 1/2 can of chicken and add 4 more oz of sour cream.

For sure! You can substitute whatever you want. Especially the cream of something soups!

And cream of chicken goes on everything.

Thanks!! I figured it would work but, just wanted to be sure before I made something that had to be tossed into the disposal! LOL
    Cathi

+ Reply to Thread