+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So ... what did you learn at Shackapalooza?

I learned that I am not the only person in the world with "New Post-itis"! After spending many hours with Kimmy and Jennifer in the car, I concluded that this must be a common condition amongst Shackies -- an irresistable urge (stronger than an urge, actually) to hit "New Post" on the Shack every 10 seconds -- or less -- throughout the day to make sure you don't miss ANYTHING!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

I also learned that if your suitcase weighs 53 pounds (they limit you to $50 or you have to pay more), you CAN put your Crop-A-Dile into your carry on luggage and it WILL get through security EVENTUALLY!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

3. Amy and Nancy, you guys are tooo funny!

You guys crack me up ....

I definitely learned not to bring too much to work on .... I just don't seem to get it done ... you would have thought I would have learned this by now. I did push myself to get some things done on Sunday before I left.

I learned how to make a onesie card (and love it - Thanks Nancy) and how to make a altered fruit can (and love it - Thanks Becky)

I also learned that we have some of the greatest people on this board ... (actually I already knew this - it was just reinforced)

I also learned that my "mom instincts" can kick in at any time (ie using spit to clean faces, arms, tatoos) ... and it is very embarassing

But again the best thing that I learned is how much all these Shackies mean to me! Love you guys!!!
    Chelsea
    a*muse studio rep #1438

My Blog - Chelsea's Creative Corner

5. I learned that

1. Indiana can be as long of a drive as North Carolina (13 hours) even though it's only 3 hours from my house
    2. some people who work at Archivers don't know anything about Stamping.
    3. Even campers like to stamp!
    4. Drunk people can be rude / and nosy
    5. You really don't eat much when your hands are busy crafting and your mouth is busy chatting
    6. Shackapalooza needs to be a day longer!
    7. I love alcohol inks!
    8. I love the Scor-Pal
    9. how to make so many neat projects that I hope to duplicate now that I am home.
    10. Stampers can go all night long!
    Happy Crafting!

check out my blog : stamps scraps n more

6. I also learned that not everyone is familiar with tornadoe watches/warnings.
    Happy Crafting!

Quote Originally Posted by kimmyqtgirl View Post
    I also learned that not everyone is familiar with tornadoe watches/warnings.
    Yeah that was sorta funny to me, I was just like oh no big deal. And I was not THAT bad in the morning! I was the only one( I think) that actually had to work for a few hours in the morning on Friday! I was tired!

Kathy

8. I didn't notice you weren't a morning person. Probably because we slept in. I am so not a morning person and I NEED my coffee. So when is the next MI meet up?
    Happy Crafting!

Thanks for sharing ladies it sounds like you all had a great time..and l look forward to meeting soooo many of you..
    Please Bear.. with me while l grow.

10. I learned...

-a girls' road trip can be just as fun (or more!) as a guys' road trip.
    -how to make baby onesie cards
    -how to use alcohol inks & see what they were all about (Loved them!)
    -how to make cute gift card holders
    -how to make matchbox cards
    -how to index unmounted stamps
    -that I packed way too much stuff for such a short weekend (I brought it all!)
    -that I can bring almost everything from my stamp room and still have room for 2 great friends and all their luggage in my SUV
    -that I can shop at 5 craft/stamp stores and contain myself to only spend $150 between them all...TOTAL!
    -that I've known all my Shackie friends forever, even though I've never met them face to face.

Thanks for the wonderful time ladies! I'm looking forward to Shackapoloosa 2009!
    Jennifer
    DT Member for DRS Designs
    My Blog: Ink N' Scrap Habits
    My March 2013 {Winning} Bingo Numbers: 6, 14, 19, 29, 47, 52, 63, 79, 84, 91

+ Reply to Thread