+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for our United Kingdom Shackies ...

1. Question for our United Kingdom Shackies ...

What is the purpose of an 'Order of Service' card? Evan treated me to a couple UK stamping magazines for Mother's Day and in issue 44 of Simply Cards and Papercraft there is a several page spread on wedding stationery (pages 38-44 if you have the magazine). The article has ideas, etc. for several wedding related cards. I know the purpose of all of them except the 'Order of Service' one.

Can you enlighten me?

Thanks.
    Teresa

2. Now i'm wondering it too

3. Order of Service

Hi there Teresa,
    The order of service is exactly what it says it is.
    It gives the order in which a religious ceremony to be held in a church can be followed by the guests attending.
    It gives where in the ceremony you might find things like hymns to be sung, bibical readings given, the exchanging of vows, the hymn or music to be played whilst the happy couple are signing the register.

I.E.

At Saint Johns Church on Saturday the 12th My 2008 at 2pm the marriage will take place of .............. to ......................
    All pleasestand while the bride walks up the aisle to Handels wedding march
    The priests welcome to his church
    The first hymn to be sung, number 28......Love divine all loves excelling, can be found in the Genisis (Blue) hymn book
    Opening prayers will be said by Father Riley.
    Please all be seated for the exchanging of the wedding vows
    Prayers will now be said for the newly married couple
    The next hymn following the marriage of Anne and David will be hymn number 47 All things bright and beautiful
    Whilst the bride and groom are making their way to the vestry to sign the wedding register, the guests can remain seated and Jean Smith will sing the the solo ........................
    The final hymn will be hymn number 64.............
    There will then be a blessing and dedication followed by the bridal party making their way down the aisle to ..............
    This single or double folded sheet usually matches the rest of the wedding stationary and is given to each guest by an usher when arriving at church

You may choose to think of it as a menu which you work through until you finally come to the petite fours

Get the idea

4. Quote Originally Posted by lakeslady View Post
    Hi there Teresa,
    The order of service is exactly what it says it is.
    It gives the order in which a religious ceremony to be held in a church can be followed by the guests attending.
    It gives where in the ceremony you might find things like hymns to be sung, bibical readings given, the exchanging of vows, the hymn or music to be played whilst the happy couple are signing the register.

I.E.

At Saint Johns Church on Saturday the 12th My 2008 at 2pm the marriage will take place of .............. to ......................
    All pleasestand while the bride walks up the aisle to Handels wedding march
    The priests welcome to his church
    The first hymn to be sung, number 28......Love divine all loves excelling, can be found in the Genisis (Blue) hymn book
    Opening prayers will be said by Father Riley.
    Please all be seated for the exchanging of the wedding vows
    Prayers will now be said for the newly married couple
    The next hymn following the marriage of Anne and David will be hymn number 47 All things bright and beautiful
    Whilst the bride and groom are making their way to the vestry to sign the wedding register, the guests can remain seated and Jean Smith will sing the the solo ........................
    The final hymn will be hymn number 64.............
    There will then be a blessing and dedication followed by the bridal party making their way down the aisle to ..............
    This single or double folded sheet usually matches the rest of the wedding stationary and is given to each guest by an usher when arriving at church

You may choose to think of it as a menu which you work through until you finally come to the petite fours

Get the idea
    Thanks so much for the explanation. What a neat idea. I love the whole wedding stationery layout in the magazine. Hopefully one day I'll get to help one of my boys plan their wedding.

Thanks.
    Teresa

5. Order of service...my hubby wanted....marry..photos...eat..get rid of guests and think you can imagine the rest lol ......men eh !!!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Artyfarty View Post
    Order of service...my hubby wanted....marry..photos...eat..get rid of guests and think you can imagine the rest lol ......men eh !!!!

He He - you crack me up I agree - men argh!
    Teresa

7. I did the order of service for Kirsten when she got married in 2004. I was chuffed to bits to be able to participate in that way, even though I was in Canada.

+ Reply to Thread