+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Those of you who read the Janet Evanovich books ....

1. Those of you who read the Janet Evanovich books ....

Should I read them in order they are written? I am 1/2 way through #1. Do I "need" to go onto #2 next or does it really matter? I did buy #2 now but then could not find #3 or #4 so then I bought #7 (I think).

I really like #1 so far and can't put it down .
    The Shackretary

No you really don't have to go in any order. Each book is a totally different story but includes all the same characters. Aren't these books hilarious? My favorite one is #3 -- Grandma does some really crazy things in that book. I was pretty anal, though, and read them all in order. The problem with me is as soon as her next book comes out, I buy it, read it in maybe a day or two; and then I have to wait another year before she puts out another book. She's my favorite author.

Sherri, these are some great books for your to read at this time. It certainly will take your mind off of things.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    What kind of books are they??? Mystery, romance, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by christie003d View Post
    Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter, works for a bail bonds office. She is not a very good one and there is much, much humor in these books. They are seriously LOL funny.

I personally read any books that have the same characters in order, but I'm a nut so...

Go to the library, she is very popular and they always have several copies of each book. I don't think it's worth shelling out the $$ for something I'm gonna read that fast and I've never felt the need to reread her books like some authors, even though I love her books.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by christie003d View Post
    Here's a synopsis of the first book, "One For The Money"

"Stephanie Plum is a new bounty hunter. Low on cash, Plum decides to go after a case worth $10,000. The only problem is that she has no prior experience or knowledge of how to be a bounty hunter. Her first assignment is to catch Joe Morelli, a cop and an old flame of Stephanie's, who has skipped out on bail. Plum's creepy cousin insists that she is taking on too much for a first case but she decides to ignore him and try anyway.

Her first day on the job is hectic and Plum barely has the time to breathe. Snooping around for clues as to where Morelli might be hiding, Stephanie runs into a boxer who becomes angered after her refusal to sleep with him. Not being able to get away from him alone, Morelli appears and saves her from a would be attack. At this point Morelli has practically been dropped into Stephanie's hands, but she is unable to outsmart this ex-cop. Through-out the second half of the book Plum discovers that the real murderer is out roaming the streets. She teams up with Morelli to find the real killer. Together Plum and Morelli rekindle their passion for each other while trying to stay alive. "
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

This is the first book on my 'list'. Thanks for the synopsis.
    Kim

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)
    This is SO funny! I just started reading these books too, and am also half way through the first book! I was sitting in a restaurant the other day, laughing out loud while I was reading the book!

I usually have been reading Sci-Fi or even better--Sci Fi Romances, but this book is so funny but also an adventure. A lady that I work with has given me all 8 books, so I have a whole summer of reading available!
    --Lidia

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestStamper View Post
    This is SO funny! I just started reading these books too, and am also half way through the first book! I was sitting in a restaurant the other day, laughing out loud while I was reading the book!

I usually have been reading Sci-Fi or even better--Sci Fi Romances, but this book is so funny but also an adventure. A lady that I work with has given me all 8 books, so I have a whole summer of reading available!
    Lidia, if you have 8 of the Stephanie Plum books that will last you a couple weeks at the most.

Kathy

I have read them all in order!! Then you can figure out somethings..people in book two might show up in book six and if you read them out of order you could miss sometone. They are brilliant books!! lots of laughs!!
    Christine

6 10 12 22 26 40 41 55 69

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestStamper View Post

Lidia,

Don't forget Books #9 through #13. They're just as funny!
    Joanne

+ Reply to Thread